Prostate cancer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We can get together and compare tatos and shoe collections. Doing the 47 treatments was like going back to work. Had to be there 5 days a week at 9:00.
Bill

Alpena Jeff said:
Won't ever happen to me. I'm bullet proof.
Well, guess what?
Biopsy confirmed. Gleason scores in tumor area 7's and 8's. CT scan shows no advancement. Ditto for bone scan. Not conclusive but good for now.
We have chosen radiation with hormone therapy. My body is strong, my attitude is stronger.
God, Judy and I got this!
Carry on.

Who woulda thought? 34 years young, got a Basal Cell Carcinoma removed from my back last November. Was on the lovely "cancer watch" and had my first skin check appointment yesterday. 3 new areas of concern; back, neck and cheek. Back was biopsied for what appears to be Melanoma. Will keep you in prayer! I hear ya when you say "won't ever happen to me". My age puts me at a very slight risk of skin cancer and the sub-type that I had removed is only found on .06% of skin cancer patients. Suppose I should go play the lotto while waiting on results next thursday? 

-Just realized OP was last year... saw the "cancer"... got jumpy on the reply.

Cooperhawk said:
I have had a Melanoma removed from my cheek and then did chemo for six weeks.  Everything came out OK so far.  Join the club.
Welcome to the survivors club. I have a follow up appointment coming up on the 3ed of next month.
Bill

I have a guestion for you prostrate cancer survivors.

Was there a pain that made you go see the doctor?

No pain.  PSA test was the first indicator.  If it gets to the point of pain or difficulty urinating you better see a doctor ASAP.

Hmm..

I watched what the treatments did to others...I may just walk till I drop.

I?ll be brutally honest with you:  Having witnessed my father in law dying from PC I wouldn?t wish that misery on anyone.

I did watch my father spend his last month alive, watching life fade away through a hospital window.
It was also PC

I?m not gonna do that.

sightseers said:

e
Zero pain for me. My first indication was my doctor jamming what felt like his whole arm up there and  saying it doesn't feel right. I agreed! ? I followed up from there.
My treatment was 41 radiation treatments over 8 weeks plus hormone treatments.
Some discomfort and some side affects but positive attitude, faith and a great support team at home made it easy.
Gods speed!

Alpena Jeff said:
My first indication was my doctor jamming what felt like his whole arm up there and  saying it doesn't feel right. I agreed! ?

LOL

sightseers said:

https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/prostate-cancer/symptoms-and-signs

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/prostate-cancer/symptoms

If you have any of the symptoms you should get the blood test which helps determine the possibility of you having the disease I believe.  If you catch if quickly the outcome is much better.

sightseers said:

I had no pain and no symptoms, but I had an elevated PSA score. Prostate-Specific Antigen Test Is a simple blood test.
I just had my 6 month / semi annual check up Yesterday and my PSA was 0.1 before it was over 6.0.
Any questions let me know.
Bill

Alpena Jeff said:
e
Zero pain for me. My first indication was my doctor jamming what felt like his whole arm up there and  saying it doesn't feel right. I agreed! ? I followed up from there.
My treatment was 41 radiation treatments over 8 weeks plus hormone treatments.
Some discomfort and some side affects but positive attitude, faith and a great support team at home made it easy.
Gods speed!

I think the doctors are only allowed in that field if they have oversize fingers.
Yes I had 47 radiation treatments and during my weekley consultation with the doctor they kept reading off this list of symptoms. Fortunately I didn't have any of them. As it worked out I had my last treatment on a Tuesday and left town the next day on Wednesday for a 3 month trip.
Bill

My final treatment was January 21st. We left on our current journey on the 26th.
All is well as far as I know. My first follow up appointment is in May after we get back home.

I have 24 treatments left.  The first 11 took 13 days because my bladder and other ?stuff? were not cooperating.  Disappointed, so far they won?t let me at the programming of the LINAC.

They make notes in black marker on my skin every day.  On my last day of treatment I?m going to plaster my midsection with post-it notes just before I go in.  Should be fun.

8Muddypaws said:
I have 24 treatments left.  The first 11 took 13 days because my bladder and other ?stuff? were not cooperating.  Disappointed, so far they won?t let me at the programming of the LINAC.

They make notes in black marker on my skin every day.  On my last day of treatment I?m going to plaster my midsection with post-it notes just before I go in.  Should be fun.
Hope it improves for you soon. Must be frustrating when you just want it done.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom