Lost another founder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
The third of four founders of the Delta Strummers passed away recently at the age of 86. He had been quite active until his battle with cancer. Chris & I attended a memorial service last Saturday, which began with a USMC Honor Guard. The playing of Taps, followed by the ceremonial unfolding and folding of our Flag presented to his widow was a beautiful and fitting tribute to a great man.

This couple were long-time sailboaters (including Trans-Pacific), active RVers, and very good musicians/singers. I sat next to one of their relatives from Oregon who confirmed the stories I've heard about them playing their ukuleles around the campfire (during their annual trips to Oregon), and people coming out of the woodwork to listen &/or sing along.

That's sad but sounds like he had a good send off.  Really brings home how important it is to be enjoying life.

That's for sure Jackie. He was also a member of our local guys retirement club. I edit their monthly newsletter, and have told Chris on a number of occasions "if I'm not writing an obituary this month, I'm writing two next month".

as is said... ..Rest Easy, Sleep Well My Brothers. Know The Line Has Held, Your Job Is Done.

Now that I'm older,  I get tears in my eyes every time the Honor Guard begins Taps,  and I pop a salute.

A truly beautiful ceremony. 

RIP my good man.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom