Leaving Iowa late Oct.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billy K

We are planning our first trip in our fifth wheel. We want to leave eastern Iowa late Oct. and plan on traveling for a month or so going south and west. Does anyone have any good travel routes for this time of the year. There is just the wife and I and we are both in our early 60's. Thanks you in advance for any advice.

Well, where in Iowa?  We leave in Feb and go south on I35 to OKC.  We spend a few days there and from there you can go South to Texas or West to Arizona and beyond.  We always stay at the Twin Fountains RV Resort om OKC.

Lots to see and do right there in OKC.

We are leaving Iowa in late September. First we are heading to Red Bay Alabama to get some warranty work and some mods on the coach. Then we head into southern Missouri to canoe some rivers with friends for a week. We will gradually head west on I-40, stopping in Oklahoma City to see family a few days, ending up in Death Valley for the rally the second week of November.

What kinds of things do you like to do, and how warm does the weather have to be for you to enjoy it? We like history and sightseeing, and cool weather doesn?t bother us. There are many, many Native American sites to see along I-40, and that?s where we will be concentrating our time for this trip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom