Decorating your RV for Fall/ Halloween/ Thanksgiving/ Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tgianco

Any easy ideas for decorating a 5th wheel? I was thinking some battery-operated lights for different holidays. How do people decorate their RVs (if you do)?

Looking for ideas that are easy and quick, especially if we're pulling into a park just for a weekend. TIA!

Halloween weekend at the campground can be over the top with decorations.  It is one of my favorites to hit at a state park, and usually the fall colors are peak as well.  Hit Walmart or the dollar store.

I have seen some really,really elaborate decor for Halloween.  I don't know how they hauled all of it. 

We are going in October,so I could use some ideas myself.  Last time,I just had the window clings and turned the awning light to orange.  I wish they could be set to alternate orange and purple.

I haven't even seen much Halloween stuff in Walmart yet. 

Maybe suction cups for hanging things on the sides. 

Yep,going to need the dollar store.

Lacking a windshield for a display area, you probably want some lighting and maybe some icon or artifact to hang on that big front cap. We used to carry for decor stuff for all the seasons  and buy cheap decor items as the seasons turned (my wife is a crafter and its her hobby). Colorful gourds, wreaths, fabric witches, seasonal plants, etc.  With a little creativity you can do a lot.

Pugapooh said:
I haven't even seen much Halloween stuff in Walmart yet. 

We had a small window air conditioner fail at work last week. I went to Lowe's to get a replacement. This was on Friday the 31st. They only had three in stock, 24k each. They did have artificial Christmas trees stacked to the ceiling though.

Yes,I think Walmart is trying to sell off school supplies to make room.  Also,pool supplies.  Got insane deals on those today. 

Refer to Pinterest.  We have a fifth wheel and I love decorating for everything.  If you wish and have an account, you can look at my pins. It's noyb247.  Enjoy!

PS I get a lot of my decorations from a local Dollar Tree.

Attachments

• d51b018c249b429b130bbe8aede4965c.jpg
    d51b018c249b429b130bbe8aede4965c.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 10bdb51b73a5d5a9c4eff02b544eb318.jpg
    10bdb51b73a5d5a9c4eff02b544eb318.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 21
I buy decorations for any upcoming holiday. After the holiday, I donate it to a local thrift store, sometimes the same store where I bought it ?

People are turning Halloween into a season rather than simply a festive day for kids. Odd.

irishtom29 said:
People are turning Halloween into a season rather than simply a festive day for kids. Odd.
I live near Orlando and both Disney and Universal have Halloween festivities that seem to start earlier every year.

I like Halloween because of three things: 1. Candy  2. Spooky movies  3. No gifts 

Unfortunately,  Halloween is following the commercial trend of other holidays, especially Christmas - pushing it earlier and harder. I saw Christmas trees at Wal-Mart already.  I just ignore it as retail is going to do what it wants.  #firstworldproblems

Back
Top Bottom