Keystone Cougar 2015 RES Black water valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomriocat

I have a Keystone 2015 Cougar RES with the Artic under belly wrap...My handle for the black water came un screwed right under the area to undo the underbelly is the gas line!  How on earth do I get to the valve to re attach the handler!
Thanks in advance

tomriocat said:
I have a Keystone 2015 Cougar RES with the Artic under belly wrap...My handle for the black water came un screwed right under the area to undo the underbelly is the gas line!  How on earth do I get to the valve to re attach the handler!
Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum. Your going to have to cut the under belly and create a hole so that you can gain access to the valve mechanism. When you cut the hole, just make cuts for three side of a square. Leave the 4th side to act like a hinge. Also I would put the hinge side facing the front of the RV. Then when you finish, just tape up the hole.

You may also have to remove many of the pipe hangers of the gas line so that you can swing the piping aside.

Thanks!  I see how there are two access point cut outs for the slide motors but they were done at the factory and the "plate" or cover is larger then the hole thus it covers well.  I will probably not have to mess with the gas line at all.  Thanks a million!

I've had two Cougars and I had trouble with the valve rods coming unscrewed on both of them.  Luckily, it happened when it was pulled out and I had no problem and just screwed it back in.  To solve it, I put Loctite Threadlocker 242 on all the joints.  242 is the blue variety which can be broken loose with a little effort if you need to get it loose again.  No problem after that.

BigLarry said:
I've had two Cougars and I had trouble with the valve rods coming unscrewed on both of them.  Luckily, it happened when it was pulled out and I had no problem and just screwed it back in.  To solve it, I put Loctite Threadlocker 242 on all the joints.  242 is the blue variety which can be broken loose with a little effort if you need to get it loose again.  No problem after that.

Or you can double nut it.

The design on mine where it screws together doesn't use nuts.  It screws together much like a gun cleaning rod. 

Back
Top Bottom