2010 F-250 6.4L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aguablanco

Looking at the above vehicle for my new TV. It has 53K miles and has been meticulously maintained in and out. This is a 2 wheel drive extended cab, exactly what I am looking for. I would like to hear opinions on this truck before I go to the trouble and expense of doing the fluid analysis. Is this a truck I can run to 250K miles  or should I keep looking? Good news is that the ask is under $23K, so great for my budget. Thanks in advance!
RichH

Get a Carfax report, and get an Oasis report from a dealer.  See what has been done to it.  These tended to have the radiator problems still, and they like to develop oil leaks (turbo cooler in my case).  If it's a Lariat, they also had some issues with the AC blend door actuators.  There are lots of reports of other issues as well.

I will say it is a strong motor, and I loved mine.  But the little issues that kept popping up would soon start coming out of my pocket instead of warranty.  I would suggest moving on up to the 6.7L, a later year.  My 2011 just dropped a valve and destroyed the engine, and there are lots of reports of issues with the early build 6.7L.

Run away as fast as you can.....they are nothing but trouble,high pressure pumps ,turbos,fan clutches etc.Work on too many of them.Get a Dodge or a Duramax...remember all big trucks are in line sixes.

See Spot run! Thanks for the heads up guys, you are awesome. While I really like the Dodges, they are pricier than I have budgeted. Are there any good Fords that I should consider?
RichH

Optimistic Paranoid said:
You're welcome. It made me stop looking at diesels.  I bought an F250 with the 6.2 GAS engine.

Can I ask what you are pulling with your truck?  I'm interested since I have to get a truck pretty quick, and would appreciate some feedback.

I had a 2015 Super Duty with the 6.2 gasser. I pulled a travel trailer that was over 9000# fully loaded and had no issues. The salesman that sold me the truck bought it when I traded it in. He has put a lot of miles on it since he bought it, many pulling a sizeable Cougar fifth wheel. He recently went from Delaware on a trip to Tennessee. It was his first trip through mountains. He took my advice about using the"manual" feature on the transmission and loved it. I highly recommend that engine and transmission combination. The downside is the gas mileage.

I love my Dodge Rams with Cummins diesels and have three of them.  Cant beat the durability and simplicity of the inline six compared to a V8. Exactly why tractor trailer rigs and industrial equipment run the inline six engines.
The 6.0 and 6.4 International engines were a disaster in the Ford pickups.  They were not as bad in the "detuned" medium applications like school buses and box trucks.

What is your MPG while towing? I only get about 10 with my 1500.
RichH

kdbgoat said:
I had a 2015 Super Duty with the 6.2 gasser. I pulled a travel trailer that was over 9000# fully loaded and had no issues. The salesman that sold me the truck bought it when I traded it in. He has put a lot of miles on it since he bought it, many pulling a sizeable Cougar fifth wheel. He recently went from Delaware on a trip to Tennessee. It was his first trip through mountains. He took my advice about using the"manual" feature on the transmission and loved it. I highly recommend that engine and transmission combination. The downside is the gas mileage.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom