Band In The Bay meets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Our splinter group (Band In The Bay) met this evening to practice several numbers in anticipation of an open mic' night, where we'll perform to introduce the numbers to the main band. We have a lot of work to do on one of the numbers, whereas the other is easy to play and sing.

We have 10 members in this splinter group. Due to RVing and other activities/commitments, 6-8 folks turn up at practices; Not always the same people, but sufficient to ensure continuity. Our practices are usually informal/social events hosted at a (rotating) member's home. Good appetizers and liquid refreshments are provided by the host.

The smaller group means that individual mistakes are more obvious. Nobody jumps on anyone for a mistake, but it's always a learning moment for us all. We try different arrangements of a song, and add/change things as we go along, until we hear the sound we like. Last evening, for example, we played/sang a song that would normally be punctuated with trumpet licks; None of us play trumpet, but someone suggested using banjo ukes for the licks, and it sounded great.

We're staying in the Bay.  I'd love to come and listen but something tells me it's a different Bay. 

Have fun with those new arrangements. 

San Francisco Bay.  We're on the West side of the bay between the Dumbarton and San Mateo Bridges.  Thought I heard you were a bit NE of us somewhere on the Delta.  You could probably take your RIB and be here in a few hours.  ;) 

Aye, we're in Discovery Bay, on the San Joaquin. Been down to SF Bay by boat countless times, but not in the RIB  ;D

We were probably close to your area on one of our many day trips.  Went to Grizzly Island Wildlife Area    via the 880 and 80 and returned via Rio Vista on what I believe was the 160.  Took the 4 from Antiock to Concord and Walnut Creek.  Looks like we passed over the San Joaquin on the way back. 

[quote author=garyb1st]... returned via Rio Vista on ... the 160... Looks like we passed over the San Joaquin on the way back.[/quote]
I was scratching my head to think where Hwy 160 crosses the San Joaquin, and just realized you were crossing Threemile Slough, which connects the Sacramento and San Joaquin rivers near Brannan Island State Park, south of Rio Vista.

We were near your area again last week.  We went to the Lick Observatory and returned via Livermore.  Had a great lunch at a Greek Restaurant in Livermore before driving back to the RV.  On our return, we drove through an area which I believe was East Pleasanton.  Since we've been thinking about relocating, I checked the area on Google maps.  I was surprised to see how close it is to your area.  Next time we're near, I'll honk.  lol.  Hopefully we'll be heading home at the end of the week. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom