Insurance on Homemade Campers in NC??????? HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jenny

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know of an insurance company that will cover homemade campers?  Nationwide (my homeowners insurance) and none of their affiliates will because it is homemade.  Anyone have any ideas or know of a company that might be promising?  Desperate to get my camper on the road!

Thanks,
Jenny

The only thing I can think to suggest is that the people who convert school buses into campers must have the same problem.  They have their own forum, I think it's called skoolie net, you might search/ask over there.

Maybe insure it as a trailer and not a camper?  I do not know how / what you have, but you also might try a local private insurance company, that has many different company's to choose from.

Go to agency that specializes in RVs - they should know the way, if there is one. Millers RV Insurance is one possible agency.

Is it vehicle liability you can't find, or are you looking for collision & comp as well?  Liability should be based on the chassis under it and not be affected by home mods.

Thanks for your replies.  I am looking for collision/comp.  My insurance agent said that it would be covered whiled being pulled by my car but just liability.  I was hoping to cover it for what I know it to be worth.

I will follow-up on all your leads!
Jenny

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom