Whirlpool Stack Washer/Dryer issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill and Debbie

Seems my front load Whirlpool washer will not start. Powers up well but suspect the start button needs replacing. Curious if anyone has been successful getting an appliance tech out to a motorhome. Not sure this is a DIY project as the washer is elevated some 8 " off the floor with an attached dryer. From checking the web it seems I need to remove the stacked dryer, remove the washer top to access the control panel to replace the start button.

Sound about right?

Is this a new problem or is it a new unit to you. Reason I ask is I thought our washer was bad. Similar problem. We have to push start and wait over a minute for it to start. I kept trying to reset and start. I never waited long enough. If it worked before of course that is not your problem

Curious if anyone has been successful getting an appliance tech out to a motorhome.

Not too many years ago we had an appliance company replace the compressor in our fridge in the RV, a residential one of course.

Hi Bill. I've never needed an appliance repairman to work on our stacked washer/dryer units, but I've removed the washing machine three times in the past two years - by myself. The last time was two weeks ago. Ours are Splendide units, not Maytag, but I'd also have to remove the unit to replace a switch on the front panel.

The dryer actually sits on a platform that's about two inches above the top of the washing machine, so the washing machine is removable without having to remove the dryer. (But it ain't no fun.) The washing machine is a lot heavier than the dryer, because of its top-mounted counter-balance weight, and the washer also sits on a platform that's about five inches (or so) above the floor.

Kev

Ghostman said:
Is this a new problem or is it a new unit to you. Reason I ask is I thought our washer was bad. Similar problem. We have to push start and wait over a minute for it to start. I kept trying to reset and start. I never waited long enough. If it worked before of course that is not your problem

Washer has been working well for over 2 years...we would have to hold the start button in for 10-15 seconds until the door locked and it started. Now nothing so suspect the start button. But the units are trimmed in and connected. So need to remove the dryer from the washer, then remove the top of the washer to access the panel. Heavy and not a DIY project for this 71 year old.

FOr me that might be a DIY. for you I can't tell.. But if it is just the start button the job is fairly straight forward once you get it out where you can work on it.. That I can not help you with.  UNLESS...

If you can build a temporary platform to slide it out on.. Might be easier than list tipping toward you and pull.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom