Broken Switch on Brake Master Cylinder - W22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heli_av8tor

I opened my hood and found this switch/sensor dangling from the wire.

The plastic threaded part of the switch is still in the master cylinder. And a plunger pin is visible in the hole.

Can any of you tell me what is the purpose of this switch?

Is there danger of losing my brakes?

The part number MAY be W8000130. Is there a cross to a readily available part?

Of course this happens while I?m on the road.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Attachments

• 38054789-8521-420C-A192-B8316596402C.jpeg
    38054789-8521-420C-A192-B8316596402C.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 51
Oh, my ABS light has been coming on intermittently for some time. Now it stays on.
I do not have any other warnings on.

W8000130 - Brake Master Cylinder Pressure Switch
http://www.powerbrake-drivetrain.com/master-cylinder-switch-bosch-bendix/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z79ATcN-juw

Probably won't strand you, but I'd fix it when you get the chance.

MY thought is that the part may be a bi**h to get out. Once out you will have to bleed the brakes and if you use anything to get the part out that contaminants the inside of the cylinder (plastic bits) you could be in worse trouble.

So be careful out there

Thanks for the links.

Further research shows it shouldn?t cause any problems. I just won?t have a warning light if one half of the brakes fail.

If the switch is shorted to ground (indicating a failure) then the ABS as well as the brake lights should be on. With it broke off the system will be happy.

The switch installs outside of any pressure circuit in the master cylinder and detects the position of a sliding rod within. Sliding rod should be centered hence switch is open. Missing switch can not cause loss of brakes.

I don?t think I?ll have a problem getting it out. And no way debris can get into to fluid system.

Will deal with it when home.

Tom

Heli_av8tor said:
I don?t think I?ll have a problem getting it out. And no way debris can get into to fluid system.
Tom

Never Never Post such things, ever.  :eek: ::) ::)

I agree, you'll be fine.  Put a piece of electrical tape over the red light on the dash, it'll drive you nuts.

Good luck, and let us know how the fix goes later.  :))

Need to know how to remove the broken thread part from the M/C ??. Thanks BIG/D1940.

Wish I could help with that.

I have the replacement switch, but haven?t done the repair. Guess it?s just fallen too low on my priority list.

I removed the mc  on my Safari to fix mine. I never had a light come on , but I don't have antilock brakes. It may not have anything to do with your anti lock light.
It is supposed to turn light on if the system is unbalanced

Going completely off the ranch. could you heat a nail with a torch, then push it into the broken plug.  Repeat and push it opposite the first nail, so the two nails and the probe are in a straight line.  Then use a present wrench tightened onto the nails to turn it out.
I have never tried this.  Thinking outside the box.

That?s basically what I have in mind when I get to it, but with a little twist.

I?m hoping to use a security toro bit, the ones with a hole in the middle. I?ll heat the bit just hot enough to push into the plastic about 1/8 to 3/16?, push it in and let cool. If the planets are aligned and I wear my tinfoil hat it will twist right out.

I think the Tory will spread out the load better than two loose pins.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom