Anybody want to rebuild an RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim828

With Florence pounding the NC and SC coasts, there are a huge number of RVs that folks have in campgrounds that are put on a site and then moved into storage lots after they leave. Some of those storage lots have hundreds of TTs and FWs. Can't imagine what damage those boxes might have. Probably gonna be a lot of salvage units.

I would think if any of those residents of those towns most affected by the storm own these RVs, they would be hooking up to them and moving them out, to live for a while.

If they have the capability to do so.  It's common in seasonal parks for the park to handle the moving to/from the storage area and the owner may not have a tow vehicle.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
If they have the capability to do so.  It's common in seasonal parks for the park to handle the moving to/from the storage area and the owner may not have a tow vehicle.

That's interesting. Hadn't ever thought of or considered that.

On the plus side, most of those will be totaled by the insurance companies and then sold to salvage yards. If you need parts, check the salvage yards on the east coast. I would avoid furniture and electronics. Things like doors, windows, steps, landing gear, axles (rebuild them), faucets, toilets, etc. would still be good once dried out.

Hanr3 said:
On the plus side, most of those will be totaled by the insurance companies and then sold to salvage yards. If you need parts, check the salvage yards on the east coast. I would avoid furniture and electronics. Things like doors, windows, steps, landing gear, axles (rebuild them), faucets, toilets, etc. would still be good once dried out.

Or cleaned up and sold by unscrupulous dealers to unsuspecting buyers. They do the same with cars and trucks every year.

BoomerD said:
Or cleaned up and sold by unscrupulous dealers to unsuspecting buyers. They do the same with cars and trucks every year.

Having been to Colaw Salvage and seen a couple of victims of Irma first hand, I'm not sure you could afford to clean a flooded coach good enough to convince people it hadn't been flooded and still make any money on the deal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom