Battery Tray Stuck by Post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PB BLaster and Cyclo Break-away are two of the best Penetrating oils I know of. Most auto stores will have one or the other. Likewise Dealer parts counters. Wal-Mart, and so on,.

:'( Still no luck. Just got done moving and can start worrying about little stuff like this again. I MUST get that damn thing off because it turns checking the distilled water into a major PITA. I have given it my all with vice grips and hammering.

Guess you are back to using the grinder to cut it off and then jerry rig something to keep it from sliding around. Good luck.

Getting back to the 4th wheel. Is this a used MH you purchased? I still think there should be a 4th wheel. It may have been eaten up by acid and the previous owner replaced it with whatever he had. It won't slide real easy without that wheel IMHO. I also noticed there are two boards under the tray. Were they put there by you?

Did you try to twist it with a vice grip to break it loose. Use a penetrating oil first. After you put the penetrating oil on rap it with a hammer several times, then let it set for a while before trying to twist it.

ken

Rene T said:
There were no batteries in the picture the OP provided.

Well, shoot...that was way back when I was 66.  I've had both a birthday and a New Years Eve party since then.  Guess I should have gone back and looked, memory's not what it once was.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but hope it helps someone.
We read an article by Machinist Workshop Magazine, about 7 years ago, saying:
Their test results shows a 50/50 mixture of Acetone & transmission fluid works better than all store bought penetrating oils.
Their test to break loose rusted bolts:

Type                  Lbs Force to break
None                  516
WD-40              238
PB Blaster          214
Liquid Wrench    127
Kano Kroil          106
ATF-Acetone Mix 53

Since that time we have mostly used it, but recently my wife's fancy zig-zag sewing machine quit working. We looked and decided it was above my pay grade. Took it to two different sewing machine shops. Was told it would have to be sent back to mfg and would cost minimum of $600.00. We brought the machine back home, reached inside with my long nose bottle and spread a little around. Waited about 24 hours and tried it. Sews like a champ.
Guess which one we believe in?

Got it off! I finally got some PB Blaster and applied it liberally. The piece was rusted in there good but finally got it out! It wasn't even threaded, just sits in there with friction. Cleaned the pin up with a wire brush and added some anti-seize grease so this doesn't happen again.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 28
Rene T said:
Getting back to the 4th wheel. Is this a used MH you purchased? I still think there should be a 4th wheel. It may have been eaten up by acid and the previous owner replaced it with whatever he had. It won't slide real easy without that wheel IMHO. I also noticed there are two boards under the tray. Were they put there by you?

The 4th wheel position looks like a latch that should slide under the plate you can see on the left side track.  It's purpose is to keep the tray from tipping out as the center of gravity passes beyond the front wheels.

Back
Top Bottom