RV Boot camps!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChipSmith

Keep hearing about these boot camps and their value to newbies like us! Question is, where do we locate one? 

Just about every thing you would pay to learn at a boot camp would be taught online for free. YouTube and Google are good places to search for beginning RV lessons. The library here on the forum is also an excellent resource.

Let me start by saying that SeilerBird is probably right.

However, it's been my experience that some people thrive on individual study and personal reading.  Other's NEED a more structured learning environment - a carefully thought out sylabus, a knowledgable instructor and other students around them who might ask questions that didn't occur to them

Escapees runs several boot camps a year, one of which is run right before their annual national rally so a person can attend both in sequence.  The national rally also holds numerous seminars. Details are here:

https://www.escapees.com/community/national-rally/

Not a boot camp, per se, but the Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA) also holds a number of rallies around the country, and they also have numerous educational seminars.  Depending on where you live, it might be easier to attend one of them.

https://site.fmca.com/fmca-event-registration 

I learned sooooooo much from this site, the search feature lets you read old posts which have loads of valuable information. Anything else I asked and got a lot of great feed back along with you tube and Google. And made a couple friends in the process!

The advantage of a formal class is that you don?t know what you don?t know! Yes, YouTube has good stuff, but you have to know the topic is one you need to learn about. For example, many people don?t have a clue that water damage is the leading cause of problems with RVs. If you know that, you can look up how to inspect your RV roof and seams for leaks. If you do t know you should worry about the topic, you won?t go looking. I think there is real advantage in an organized syllabus that covers the important topics. You can always get more detail later if you need to.

My husband and I are headed next week to the RV Safety and Education Foundation Conference in Kentucky. It?s held once a year. We?ll have 4 days of classes on every RV topic there is, and they offer drivers training if you want it. We registered for it early this year. Hoping to learn about all of the many systems before we start fulltiming next year. You can check out the conference on their website. RVSEF.  I will post again after we get home from the conference to let you know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom