Water leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debsmg

I noticed in July that an area in front of my closet would squeak when I walked in that area. I also noticed my water pump would come on briefly on occasion-so I started looking for the leak. I had my exterior shower changed in June because it had been leaking and caused the water pump to come on briefly. That repair slowed down the frequency of the pump coming on but did not stop it.  The fridge is in that area so I took a cover off a vent and did not see any water there.  The freshwater tank is in that area but I could not access it by taking the cover off the bed.  The screwdriver was just stripping the screws so I decided I would wait till I had better tools.  There is an access panel in the trunk that fell off and so I was able to look at the area of the freshwater tank from behind, I did not see water stains. There?s an storage Compartment under that area and I checked it did not find water until the other day. I was unloading the RV and noticed quite a few things were wet. Unfortunately my air conditioner also imploded around the same time so it was already scheduled To be taken in for repairs. I told them about the leak.  Whoever took down the information got the wrong slide listed.  So the tech looked around the dinette area slide and found the bathroom sink was leaking. However it with the other slide area,which is the closet, that has the squeaky floors. No where near bathroom sink. I talked to the tech and he thinks it?s just water running down the line.  When I told him that the bathroom sink is nowhere near where I?m concerned he seemed uninterested. So I?m going to call the service manager and make sure they check out around the freshwater tank. I?m also concerned about the soft floors. Is this something that?s going to need to be repaired or what can I expect? Also can?t they look online like I did to see the plumbing diagram to get an idea what to look for?
This is the fourth time in three months my RV has had to have repairs and the second time for the air-conditioner. Add on that several cabinets are coming apart and need repaired.  Needless to say I?m frustrated.
Any advice?
Thanks, Deb

Contact Winnebago Owner Relations (contact info in the Winnebago Resources thread near the top of this board) and make then aware of the situation. Your experience with the dealer is unfortunately very common, I always recommend factory service if possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom