Heat only out of one vent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bookum1

I tool my rv to a local RIP off after discovering my 2017 Kz spree didnt have air blowing out of 2 of the 3 floor heat vents. They did not fix the problem ( Charged me 6 hours labor to seal the furnace)  I am not sure where to start, but it appears that there is some sort of blockage by either ripped or bent duct I can see with my camera.  What is the best way to access the underbelly duct work. 

I am totally done with RV repair shops.  They are set up only to take money and not actually fix stuff.  They would not complete the repair under the warranty.  So I need someone help

Try to pin point exactly where the problem would be and then cut a access hole. Make it at least 2' X 2'. When cutting the hole don't cut along the front edge of the square. Leave that side to act like a hinge. Once you're done, just put it back in place and tape the 3 sides.

Here is where my endoscope would come in real handy,

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,115038.msg1039613.html#msg1039613

I am betting that some animal or insect has built a nest in there.

So going in from the bottom.  The rv place said they could only fix it by ripping up the floor.  I have a small bluetooth camera and it is definatley collapsed some in one spot, but I think it torn as well.  I can see a little light coming from the other vent, but there is not enough air to blow a feather off the vent so a lot of air is escaping somewhere. 

If the area is not accessible without tearing up the floor, and the RV is still under warranty, I'd be searching for another authorized repair shop, and have that job done under the warranty. Yes, good shops can be difficult to find, but they're out there.

Kev

No longer under warranty.  More accurately they're not wanting to  Cover it under warranty..  I'm the 2nd owner so the factory warranty does not apply but I was given a 30 day warranty which they're not honoring

The camera should fairly accurately identify the location of the pinch.  If you can translate that point from inside the camper to the underside, you know right where to open the underbelly.  It may be anything from crimped or twisted pipe to something sitting on it!.  You may wish to replace a section with "rigid" (not flex) aluminum pipe once you get to the area.

Thinking out loud...  Is it possible the crimped area is on top of a holding tank, making access from below hard??

Back
Top Bottom