Kentucky campsites near Jim Beam distillery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wasoki

We thought we might try to do a few side trips on our way south this year.  One point of interest would be the Jim Beam distillery in Kentucky.  I am having trouble identifying a campground for a two night stay. 

Reviews have a bunch of negatives about the closest KOA, and state parks report steeply sloped sites and difficulty moving  big rigs  due to tight turns,  etc.  Anyone have any recommendations for a for a decent campsite near the distillery? 

We would only be there for 2 nights, so don't need a full resort.

Are you aware that there's a group of distillers who offer a set of tours known as the Bourbon Trail?  Even if you don't go to all of them I highly encourage you to do more than just the Jim Beam tour.  It's a good one and I now drink 100 proof Knob Creek (a Jim Beam product) as a result, but the tours of some of the smaller distillers can be more interesting. I highly recommend sampling the bourbon-based cream liqueur at Buffalo Trace.

FWIW, if you get your Bourbon Trail "passport" stamped at all the participating distillers (I think there's a dozen of them) you used to get a free T-shirt.  Of course, you might not be safe to drive back to your RV at that point!  ;D

We've stayed at the State Park in Bardstown a couple of times, which is near the distilleries. (We have a 36' class A.) Had to unhook the toad and back in, but it was perfectly manageable.  If you stay in Bardstown, make sure you visit the Old Talbott Tavern for a meal. The State Park also has a golf course.

There are also bourbon distillery tours in Louisville.
I stayed at Grandma's rv park it's just south of Louisville.
It's basically a gravel lot but they have good hookups and location.

The KOA is 1 exit north and it looked ok i drove through a while ago when a friend was staying there.

Not sure about the state parks.

We stayed at the KOA Louisville south about 5 weeks ago which 1 exit north of the Beam nice campground well maintained easy in out I would recommend definitely

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom