rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Caulking  (Read 1047 times)

scampbell624

Caulking
« on: September 16, 2018, 06:09:09 PM »
I recently purchased a used pop-up and it is in need of new caulking on the roof. I believe it was Dicor that was recommended on some of the other discussion posts. My question is, do I need to remove all the old caulking before I put down the new stuff or can I just caulk over it? Also, the corners are starting to pull away when I latch the roof. Probably from the previous owner having them too tight. Should I install screws to hold it down or will the caulk help with that? Thanks for any advice.

darsben

• ---
  • Retired seeing the USA
Re: Caulking
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 07:20:50 PM »
Clean the old caulk and remove any obviously loose caulk,  then recaulk. Caulk will not help with the corners
1990 Fleetwood Southwind on P30 chassis located in
Central NY in summer and beautiful Casa Grande AZ in winter

scampbell624

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 07:49:03 PM »
Thanks for the help.

Murphcrud

• ---
  • Over 50 years Experience of Sealants and Caulking
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 08:26:24 PM »
I recently purchased a used pop-up and it is in need of new caulking on the roof. I believe it was Dicor that was recommended on some of the other discussion posts. My question is, do I need to remove all the old caulking before I put down the new stuff or can I just caulk over it? Also, the corners are starting to pull away when I latch the roof. Probably from the previous owner having them too tight. Should I install screws to hold it down or will the caulk help with that? Thanks for any advice.

Check out my posts on caulking.