Caulking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scampbell624

I recently purchased a used pop-up and it is in need of new caulking on the roof. I believe it was Dicor that was recommended on some of the other discussion posts. My question is, do I need to remove all the old caulking before I put down the new stuff or can I just caulk over it? Also, the corners are starting to pull away when I latch the roof. Probably from the previous owner having them too tight. Should I install screws to hold it down or will the caulk help with that? Thanks for any advice.

scampbell624 said:
I recently purchased a used pop-up and it is in need of new caulking on the roof. I believe it was Dicor that was recommended on some of the other discussion posts. My question is, do I need to remove all the old caulking before I put down the new stuff or can I just caulk over it? Also, the corners are starting to pull away when I latch the roof. Probably from the previous owner having them too tight. Should I install screws to hold it down or will the caulk help with that? Thanks for any advice.

Check out my posts on caulking. 

Back
Top Bottom