Norcold Refrigerator LP Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lttlecoach

When I switch my refrigerator over to LP for traveling or just sitting in the driveway, the LP will not maintain the temperature and eventually the flame goes out and I get a "No-co" error message and beeping.  My service guy has replaced the baffle, pulled the refrigerator out and cleaned behind it and also cleaned out the area where the flame is and still no luck on detecting the problem. Anyone have any suggestions for us?

Norcld model number would help...

Do other gas appliances work well?  What does the flame look like?  The burner just going out sounds like a fuel (LP) delivery problem, but it could be simply a partially clogged jet. Or weak gas pressure (less than 10.5 WC inches of pressure).  There is probably a test port on the gas line at the fridge to check gas pressure.

What Gary said.
I was typing a response just before he posted, so I'll add my 2 cents anyway:
Here's a link that provides some service manuals for various RV refrigerators. If you post your Norcold model number then maybe others will be able to offer some advice for that specific model or general information related to your problem.

http://bryantrv.com/docs.html

In my opinion, it appears from your problem description that the LP flow to the burner is inadequate or compromised or the burner is not burning the LP efficiently. There is a 12 Volt solenoid that opens/closes the LP gas flow to the burner. It may not be opening fully and is restricting flow, but I would have thought your "service guy" would have checked that prior to replacing the baffle. With the LP burner showing flame, tap on the solenoid with a screwdriver and see if there is a change in the burner flame.
The other possible issue is the burner orifice/tube. If restricted due to debris there will be an inadequate flame resulting in lower heat causing poor cooler unit performance.
If you haven't cleaned this item then do so. The last thing I can think of is inadequate LP pressure from your LP system, but that's pretty rare.

Back
Top Bottom