Replacing a Jackknife Love Seat in a MH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murphcrud

Hello Guys,
I have a Fleetwood Jamboree 30H MH.  A factory installed beige leatherette jackknife love seat is currently in it.  The love seat is in excellent condition.  When unfolded, it extends to approximately 60".  That is where the issue begins.  The width is 60 3/8", with armrests removed.  THAT SIZE IS TIGHT, so am hoping to locate a comfortable loveseat sleeper to replace the existing jackknife loveseat under 60 3/8". I was hoping to find one when unfolded, it will be a 39" or preferably a 48" full length bed.  Mattress must be VERY comfortable.  All that said and done, how do I get this new unit through a small 24" door opening (that size includes removing the door).  The floor plan is attached.

Attachments

• 2008 florr plan.JPG
    2008 florr plan.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 15
Can't speak to the comfort of this jackknife, but the theater seating and swivel recliner we got from them are very comfortable.

https://www.recpro.com/furniture/jack-knife-sofa/recpro-charles-60-rv-jack-knife-sleeper-sofa/

They come broken down in the boxes and assemble easily once inside the coach.

You almost certainly have the same Fleetwood loveseat I have, and I would like to replace mine with something different also.  However, the problem is that when they built your motorhome, they installed the loveseat on the slide before the slide was installed in the motorhome! 

If you remove the arms and then stretch the loveseat out, it will probably go through the door sideways.  Otherwise, you will have to take it apart inside.  First, take the arms off and then unbolt the lower panel and unbolt the pieces from underneath.  I have heard of people using a saw to cut sofas up to remove them, however.

Whatever you buy, just make sure the agreement is that it comes in smaller pieces and/or the seller will install it.  Don't forget that you have wiring and some other stuff  underneath it and the new sofa needs to sit over all of that. 

JudyJB said:
You almost certainly have the same Fleetwood loveseat I have, and I would like to replace mine with something different also.  However, the problem is that when they built your motorhome, they installed the loveseat on the slide before the slide was installed in the motorhome! 

If you remove the arms and then stretch the loveseat out, it will probably go through the door sideways.  Otherwise, you will have to take it apart inside.  First, take the arms off and then unbolt the lower panel and unbolt the pieces from underneath.  I have heard of people using a saw to cut sofas up to remove them, however.

Whatever you buy, just make sure the agreement is that it comes in smaller pieces and/or the seller will install it.  Don't forget that you have wiring and some other stuff  underneath it and the new sofa needs to sit over all of that.

I am not concerned about removing it, as I am sure that it will go out through the door; and if it goes out through the door, it could have also come in through the door.  I am not doubting what you stated about the loveseat being installed into the slideout during assembly.  I have been looking under my existing loveseat and removal is quite easy.  I am looking at RecPro.com in Indiana.  They seem to offer a fairly wide selection.  Some come in 2 pieces, the back and seat are separate and can be carried in through a regular MH door.  In addition, they have loveseat sleeper in full length size.

Just don't plan on much down time after you order your sofa.  Our stuff arrived in about half the time they said it would take, and this was right around Christmas time.
I had to remove the back from our Flexsteel hide-a-bed to get it out of the coach, but it  was only 4 bolts and didn't take long.  My wife put the old hide-a-bed and swivel recliner on a Facebook yard sale page and it was gone before I finished installing the new stuff.

Old_Crow said:
Just don't plan on much down time after you order your sofa.  Our stuff arrived in about half the time they said it would take, and this was right around Christmas time.
I had to remove the back from our Flexsteel hide-a-bed to get it out of the coach, but it  was only 4 bolts and didn't take long.  My wife put the old hide-a-bed and swivel recliner on a Facebook yard sale page and it was gone before I finished installing the new stuff.

Sounds good. 

I am wondering if this business a.  Has a display showroom?  and b.  Do they allow pickups?
We are travelling I75 to Florida from Canada late December/18 and would like to pop in to see what else that they have and buy from the floor/warehouse in Indiana.

There's an actual physical address in Bristol,IN. listed on their web site as well as a phone number and business hours.

Old_Crow said:
There's an actual physical address in Bristol,IN. listed on their web site as well as a phone number and business hours.

Thanks for all your help.

I chatted with them this morning.  They are a full blown warehouse complete with showroom.  They do allow pickup so we intend on making a slight detour before heading to Florida. 
Guess I will do a similar selling job as your wife did, with our jackknife sofa/sleeper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom