Lake Havasu RV Resort? Possibly buying a space.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
Pretty much what the title says. The DW and I are toying with the idea of buying a lot at the Havasu RV Resort in Lake Havasu. Next would come a boat and then the family.  Does anyone have any experiences related to the resort? We are still in the research phase, so all comments are appreciated. 

Sounds like a good idea to me.

The biggest downside is the hot summers.  We pretty much stay inside in the Air conditioning during the worst of it.
Some people leave during the Summer or go up north to cooler areas.

Blue skies every day and reliable sunshine is a real plus.

You are welcome to stay here while doing your due diligence on the RV  Resort.

Chet and Laurie are here till Thursday.  They have a 45 foot DP and it fits with room in the back to walk and the gate can close.

You can't find a better free place to check out the idea.

Lake Havasu has all kinds of shopping, lots of classic cars, boats and things to do.

Edit:  I just looked at the web site for the resort.  I have been there visiting Steve and Sue a few years ago.  You might send them a PM for thier opinion.  There are two Steve and Sue's on the Forum

Attachments

• r20180917_143008.jpg
    r20180917_143008.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 54
  • r20180917_143021_001.jpg
    r20180917_143021_001.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 45
Thanks Bill, we have a reservation there for sometime in Oct/Nov I think to check things out. I will let you know if that changes though.  Thanks for the info.

Exciting stuff Marty.
We are staying at River Island state park when we get out that way in February. We plan on staying with Bill for a night. Maybe we get together for a cold one.
Jeff.

Marty,

We've stayed at several RV parks in the Lake Havasu area, but not the one you're considering; It looks like a nice place. We have several friends/acquaintances who, after visiting Lake Havasu by RV, have purchased homes in the area.

Having a place where you can stay when and as long as you want is something we appreciate.  Looking at a map, it appears that you'd have a short distance to boat storage and a launch ramp.

That's a great offer of a temporary stay by Bill.

Yeah, we are weighing cost of purchasing against occasional rental, but have not reached any decisions yet. Diane also has a brother that has a house there, and will probably retire there.

Havasu is great in the cooler months.  But if you don't like heat....    HueyPilot can give you the skinny on triple digit summer weather. 

Laurie and I are very impressed with the "Waugh's RV park". Bill and Renee are incredible hosts. He has a workshop with every tool Harbor Freight sells plus a couple more from other places. We are enjoying a 4 day stay here, even if it is blazing hot (100+ every day).

His pool is great! The location is easy to get to.

Hi Bill

Your mailbox is full so having to post here.

If your kind offer of space is still available Steve and I would like to stay for a few days.

We are up on the Mogollon Rim and plan to head your way
around 27th Sept. We would leave 1st October.  Let me know if you can accommodate us for any of that time. No problem if you can't we can stay at the State Park.

My email [email protected]

We don't have continued service up here so we pop out every day or so to check messages.

Hope to see you soon!!

You are welcome to come.  The site is available as Chet and Laurie left this morning.

I cleaned out about half of my personal messages, so it works again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom