Perm. Camp Sites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aharris

Afternoon all. I am/will be new to the "camping/RV" world. My wife and I have whittled down to buying a Destination RV within the next few months. I would like to put it someplace to leave year round. I have a few questions. Is there a guide out there where I can find places that would allow me having the RV year round? I am looking in the Ocean City Maryland/ Delaware area. Are the lots where you have your RV rented monthly or is it a straight annual fee and whats that approximate cost? For the moment those are my most glaring questions. Thank you to anyone that can be of help.

Try Tall Pines in Lewes De. They have a few annual sites. Tall Pines Harbor in Temperanceville Va has seasonal sites, and will store your RV during the winter. You can buy a lot in Trails End at Horntown Va. You're limited to 6 months total per year unless you're over 55, then you can stay there year around.

Most all RV parks that are open year round offer year round sites. Some parks, like mine, have a few different options. You can lease a lot for the full year or do a half and half. This is where you are parked on the lot year round but you only occupy the RV for six months and the other six months you are not there. I don't know the price difference but it is substantial. Also you can spend how ever long you want at a site and then park it in a storage area when you are not here. I don't know if the site is reserved for you or not. Obviously the parks that are open year round are located in the southern half of the country. Not too many full time parks in winter. But Florida is full of RV parks and finding one to accommodate you year round would not be too hard. I have been here for five years full time and love the Florida weather and recreation.

Prices vary all over the map. Literally and figuratively.  Park prices depend on the attractiveness of the location, amenities, local taxes, seasonal demand,  the value of the property it sits on, local labor costs, etc.  In places where off-season demand is low, the park owner often discounts long term rates that include off-season periods, but where folks can and do camp year around, bargains are less available. Or none.

Thank you all thus far for your information. I'm in the Northeast-Maryland/Delaware area is where I would like to have my RV. The wife and I would actually like to live there full time. They obviously get snow there though not as much as further north. Is this NOT an ideal location to live in an RV full time? I know there are things that need to be checked continuously for heating and maintenance purposes. Well, I should say "I've read" that things need to be done about heat.

I live in Lower Slower. There's lots of folks that live in rv's here full time. Yes, you will have to deal with freezing weather and high heating costs. Don't forget to check the summer time temps in this area too. Some years such as this past one, the temps and dew point can be somewhat brutal.

I don't know of any year round campgrounds around Ocean City.  I think you might have to go further south.  It gets pretty chilly in MD.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom