City water issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCGordon

Hello everyone.  I have recently bought a 2011 Forest River Blue Ridge fifth wheel.  When I hook the city water up, the water just runs out of a blue hose hanging down from underneath the rear corner of the camper.  The water inlet connections (tank and city)  are on the side of the camper right above where this blue hose runs out.  Also, there is another blue hose hanging down from underneath about three feet in front of the blue hose that is discharging all of my city water, but this one isn't discharging water.  Anyone know exactly how to solve this problem? Is this a drain hose that may need to be capped?  I'm at a loss on this one and I have scoured the internet looking for an answer. 

RV's will have low point drains for winterizing, these typically have shut off valves, though some more cheaply built units only use a screw on cap on the end of the pipe.

Welcome to the Forum!

My first impulse is a low point drain for the cold side.  The other hose is likely the hot side low point drain.  Since it is "just" a hose, there should be a valve more or less directly above the hose.

My camper has two pipes, side by side, with a cap on each, which are my low point drains.

Thanks for the replies.  I finally found the valves yesterday, they were under the sink near the water heater.  AND the caps for the ends of the hoses were right there along with the plug for the hot water tank.......  I'm pretty sure I'm making every single rookie mistake that could possibly be made.  Also, I killed a whoooolllleeee bunch of wasps yesterday.  Thanks again.

Oh I don't know. about "Rookie Mistakes"  I"ve seen folks who have been doing this a long time make the same mistakes...

But the thing to remember is this.. We all make mistakes.
not the intellegent person LEARNS from the mistake (You now know where the valves and caps are).

It idiot makes the same mistakes over and over and over again thinking it will turn out differently.

Stay here and read lots of posts.  It will help you avoid many rookie mistakes, and then you can find new, novel rookie mistakes to make!

Back
Top Bottom