Those miserable rubber stove grate thingies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elly Dalmaijer

If you're like us, you regularly lose those little rubber grommets that stop your stove top from rattling. They either split and fall into the hole or they just disappear into the hole. New ones cost over $1 each!

I am hoping that one of the creative thinkers on this forum has found a way to solve the rattle without breaking the bank?

I have tried to use a piece of rubber matting. It serves the purpose but it also disappears. Who has a better solution??

Elly

I have a wood cutting board on top of my stove that keeps it from rattling, it has a section of that foam rubber type shelf liner material on the bottom of the cutting board.  Like this one https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Accents-Stovetop-Convert-43521/dp/B000EDUTX6  in the over 10,000 miles I have driven my current coach, it has never once fell off the stove, though after a day of driving rough roads it may shift an inch or two.

Those are called "grommets" and can be bought in every size.. I keep a "set" of various sizes for most repair uses,,available at most Ace Hardware stores or similar.  When you loose one just pop another in it's place.>>>Dan

Isaac-1 said:
I have a wood cutting board on top of my stove that keeps it from rattling, it has a section of that foam rubber type shelf liner material on the bottom of the cutting board.  Like this one https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Accents-Stovetop-Convert-43521/dp/B000EDUTX6  in the over 10,000 miles I have driven my current coach, it has never once fell off the stove, though after a day of driving rough roads it may shift an inch or two.
That is the exact same cutting board I have on my stove. I love it. Looks way better and is a lot easier to clean. I have found the ultimate way to stop the stove from rattling. I have parked my fiver permanently.  ;D Saves on gas money too.

I bought a package of a dozen or so and keep them handy in a drawer.  The ones that slip down through the hole can easily be retrieved - the top plate simply lifts up on all the stove tops I've had, regardless of brand.

Back
Top Bottom