Power Awning Tension Adjustment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malagamike

Hi, My name is Mike. I am new to the Forum. I have referred to it constantly for the past few years, but this is my first post.
I have a 2002 Winnebago Journey DL. I am having some trouble with the awning. The awning is an oldie but a goodie. An original A&E One Step(try finding parts, let alone any information, for this guy).
Anyway, I had a little run in with my garage door opening the other day. Bent the shaft on the motor and drive assembly. Since that time I have removed the motor and straightened the drive shaft, reassembled the motor and reinstalled it. My BIG mistake was not putting a little re-alignment mark on the RH cap of the fabric tube and,oh, counting the number of revolutions in the down position. I need to start from zero regarding applying the correct tension on the RH and LH springs. Removal of each side from the top of the arms is not an issue, I have the vice-grip process down pat. What I need is to know how many turn are to be applied to each end while the awning is at rest approx 24" out from the side if the MH.
Can anyone help? Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom