Why do some rv parks not allow class C?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lots of Class A units cost less than some Class Cs, especially the Super Cs. It isn?t a price thing, but it is an exclusivity thing. I don?t get why people get bent out of shape about restrictions of any kind. I could go around loudly proclaiming that state and national parks need to rework their campgrounds because I don?t fit. It?s discrimination, I say! Just as silly as complaining because of a minimum size restriction or age restriction or type of RV. Just fine a spot you like that you fit and that fits your style, then ignore the rest. Life is too short.

Oh, and I got my first Class A in June. When I had travel trailers and pop ups, I didn?t go to the class a resorts, and I didn?t complain about it.

UTTransplant said:
Lots of Class A units cost less than some Class Cs, especially the Super Cs. It isn?t a price thing, but it is an exclusivity thing. I don?t get why people get bent out of shape about restrictions of any kind. I could go around loudly proclaiming that state and national parks need to rework their campgrounds because I don?t fit. It?s discrimination, I say! Just as silly as complaining because of a minimum size restriction or age restriction or type of RV. Just fine a spot you like that you fit and that fits your style, then ignore the rest. Life is too short.

Oh, and I got my first Class A in June. When I had travel trailers and pop ups, I didn?t go to the class a resorts, and I didn?t complain about it.

like I said, snob appeal

NY_Dutch said:
And on the other end of the spectrum, there are campgrounds that are tent and/or hammock camping only.  ;)
:))

And a few of my very crunchy tent camping friends definitely look down on me since we don?t really camp and experience nature any more.  :D ;)

UTTransplant said:

And a few of my very crunchy tent camping friends definitely look down on me since we don?t really camp and experience nature any more.  :D ;)

Yep, and that's why I tell them, I don't camp. I "RV".  ;D

decaturbob said:
like I said, snob appeal 

Probably just like residential neighborhoods are.  People live in a neighborhood that they do, even though there are cheaper and closer (to where they want to be) neighborhoods available.  The neighborhood quality is typically directly proportional to it's price.

Senator said:
Probably just like residential neighborhoods are.  People live in a neighborhood that they do, even though there are cheaper and closer (to where they want to be) neighborhoods available.  The neighborhood quality is typically directly proportional to it's price.

I have stayed at RV parks that are very nice and make no discrimination with Class C's.  I have had my Tioga parked between 2 Class A's ( $250,000 level) many times and those guys were pretty impressed with our rig as well as my site setup with awnings, shade sails and a canopy with a screen insert we put our cats into.  Then they saw my electronics with cell bosster and wifi exterior antennas on telescopic masts I put up.

UTTransplant said:

I just tell them, been there done that, and when they are ready they too can graduate.  For backpacking, the tent is the way to go, but for travel, who needs to put away a wet tent?

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Just a different form of snob appeal.  Real men don't need RVs.  ;)

Ah, that made me think of an old friend from high school, he was the best man at my first wedding, etc. He has since joined, and now retired from the Army as a Colonel, I recall him saying something when I ran into him 10-15 years ago about how "Real men go to ranger school in the winter"

It does seem silly to have age restriction on RV's.

Some folks are head over heals in debt in their under 10 year old rigs, while other more prudent saner folks have opted to pay cash and maintain their paid-for rigs which might not be shiny new.

It is a snob factor! LOL!

Currently I live in a snobby park that caters to SINGLES over 55.

;D

Over 55 and single?  Sounds like a great niche market target.  Does make me curious though...  I suspect with ?over 55? part of the equation, it?s not exactly a ?pickup? atmosphere. But the ?singles? part indicates a targeted clientele at least ?open to dating?. (A couple of our most liked places have been 55+, but we haven?t encountered places (yet) specific to marital status.). So if you meet ?Ms/Mr Right? and become ?not single?, do you have to vacate?

DearMissMermaid said:
It does seem silly to have age restriction on RV's.

Some folks are head over heals in debt in their under 10 year old rigs, while other more prudent saner folks have opted to pay cash and maintain their paid-for rigs which might not be shiny new.

It is a snob factor! LOL!

Currently I live in a snobby park that caters to SINGLES over 55.

;D

Have you seen Randy Quaid (Cousin Eddie) in Christmas Vacation?  I am guessing that if a park was full of that type of camper, or even a few, rents would go down, and even the anti-snob people would become snobs...

Attachments

• 15980609-mmmain-e1431563624931[1].jpg
    15980609-mmmain-e1431563624931[1].jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 27
Laura & Charles said:
Over 55 and single?  Sounds like a great niche market target.  Does make me curious though...  I suspect with ?over 55? part of the equation, it?s not exactly a ?pickup? atmosphere. But the ?singles? part indicates a targeted clientele at least ?open to dating?. (A couple of our most liked places have been 55+, but we haven?t encountered places (yet) specific to marital status.). So if you meet ?Ms/Mr Right? and become ?not single?, do you have to vacate?

"Loners On Wheels" is a club for legally single folks that is not a match making or dating service. They own a nice park in Deming, NM that's open to the public. There is no 55+ restriction though...

https://lonersonwheels.com/index.html

Laura & Charles said:
Over 55 and single?  Sounds like a great niche market target.  Does make me curious though...  I suspect with ?over 55? part of the equation, it?s not exactly a ?pickup? atmosphere.

Apparently you  are not familiar with The Villages in central FL. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom