6 pin trailer plug on 2002 Adventurer 35U Workhorse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

penman39

The center pin of my trailer connector does not have 12V on it when the ignition is on. I am assuming that it is fused. Before digging into the manuals, I was wondering if anyone knew which fuse number it is and where it is located. Thanks

penman39 said:
The center pin of my trailer connector does not have 12V on it when the ignition is on. I am assuming that it is fused. Before digging into the manuals, I was wondering if anyone knew which fuse number it is and where it is located. Thanks
Same coach and year Carl.  I have a devil of a time with schematics but I will try digging into mine and see if I can find anything.  Maybe others will come foward first.

Bill

My trailer fuse box is in a left rear bay that's only accessed by removing a few screws and propping up the bay door. No telling where they hid yours.

So far the only luck I have had in searching trough the schematics is I found a picture of the connector on the lower right hand corner of page 15.  It shows all the wires coming out and going to a  coach connector and I cannot find where it goes from there.  If I get a bit more time I will try to research it further but it may be located in the chassis manual and not the coach schematics.  Just thinking out loud there.  I know the 12 volt circuit breakers are over the microwave but doubt there would be anything for the trailer connector there.  Also, if you lift up the dashboard where the speedo and gages are located  you  will find a lot of fuses under there.  Let us know if you find anything before we do.

Bill

Bill N said:
So far the only luck I have had in searching trough the schematics is I found a picture of the connector on the lower right hand corner of page 15.  It shows all the wires coming out and going to a  coach connector and I cannot find where it goes from there. 
Bill

Thanks Bill. Was the schematic you referred to on line? Can you post a pic or link?

penman39 said:
Thanks Bill. Was the schematic you referred to on line? Can you post a pic or link?
Yes, John Canfield has kindly posted a group of Winnebago sources under the Winnebago-specific posts of the forum. That is the same one where you posted your request and look at the first thread under
Winnebago-Specific Issues and there will be a list of help aids.  The first item on the list is manuals and diagrams and you can click on that and work your way down to the wiring diagram for a 2002 Adventurer 35U.  On page 15 at the bottom right hand corner is the depiction of the trailer plug and the wiring to it but you will see it all goes to a common harness which must be located on another page.  That will give you a start to look. Also, good idea to save a lot of these sources for future use.
Here is a shortcut to the manuals:    http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/

Bill

Hmm. I found the print. According to the 6 pin trailer plug wiring info, the center plug is supposed to be at 12 volts. I wonder if that is why my reverse lights are not working.

penman39 said:
Hmm. I found the print. According to the 6 pin trailer plug wiring info, the center plug is supposed to be at 12 volts. I wonder if that is why my reverse lights are not working.

Took a closer look by removing the plug from the hitch. I believe the center pin is for the reverse lights on the trailer since the wire to the pin is labeled TR.  That makes sense since my reverse lights don't work. Can anyone confirm that the reverse light switch is on the Allison transmission were the linkage connects to it?

Feels kinda weird that I am replying to my own posts.  ???  Found out that the NSBU switch on the Allison Tranny is a known issue. I just need to look in owners manual for the fuse assignments to see if I have a blown fuse or an NSBU switch issue.

Attachments

• allison-1000 NSBU switch.png
    allison-1000 NSBU switch.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 20
Carl, you have left me in the dust with the research but I am enjoying what you are coming up with.  Never heard of that NBSU switch but it leads me to wonder if there might be more info in the chassis manual which is separate from the owners manual.  Mine is in the coach in storage so not readily available.

Bill

penman39 said:
Feels kinda weird that I am replying to my own posts.  ???  Found out that the NSBU switch on the Allison Tranny is a known issue. I just need to look in owners manual for the fuse assignments to see if I have a blown fuse or an NSBU switch issue.

No blown fuses. Before storing the coach for the winter in the mine, I checked the reverse lights and they are working  :). Forgot to check the trailer connector pin for power when the reverse lights are on  :-[.

On a side note, my coach which has just over 50K miles on it, gave me another trouble-free season of camping which included trips to Indiana Dunes, Ohio State parks, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina. Looking forward to going to Newfoundland next June. If anyone has some good tips for there, please let me know.

penman39 said:
No blown fuses. Before storing the coach for the winter in the mine, I checked the reverse lights and they are working  :). Forgot to check the trailer connector pin for power when the reverse lights are on  :-[.

On a side note, my coach which has just over 50K miles on it, gave me another trouble-free season of camping which included trips to Indiana Dunes, Ohio State parks, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina. Looking forward to going to Newfoundland next June. If anyone has some good tips for there, please let me know.

I went through this same exercise on my previous 2007 Adventurer 35A Workhorse. My conclusion was that Winnebago in their wisdom never ran power to the 12v pin in the trailer plug. If I recall I finally confirmed this by checking all the wiring to the plug with a test light.

I thought the center pin was for trailer brakes? I used mine for a constant hot to keep the toad battery charged.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom