Short term storage considerations - Northeast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ip076

Not being familiar with the fall in the NE, I?m looking for a little guidance.

I?ll be storing my full time 5er for about three weeks in the Portland or Bangor area starting next week. What?s the weather typically like for temps through the first half of October?  Basically I?m wondering about winterizing?

I figure I?ll drain all the water from the low point drain, but should I also consider blowing out the lines?  Would that suffice, or do I need to put some sort of winterization anti freeze in the system and the drains?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Last night, the temperature really dropped. It went down to 56 F. Seriously, you won't have any issues with freezing up to the middle of October. We are leaving for FL around the 18th and I will not be draining anything.  There may be a occasional morning frost around that time  but the temperatures rebound right back by 10:00AM. It would take 2 or 3 days below freezing to freeze the water in the lines.  If you are still concerned, before driving to the storage area, pull the drain plug on the water heater, open the low point drains then open all the faucets.  While moving, most of the water in the lines may find it's way to the drains. Don't for get to leave your fridge door/doors open a bit. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom