Removing Fresh Water Tank from 2008 32H Voyage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenb1023

I have a leak in my fresh water tank or fittings but can't see the area to determine the exact location.  I figure I need to pull the tank.  It is a 2008 Voyage 32H.  Any suggestions on how to pull the tank out would be greatly appreciated. 

Water dripping at the seam just aft of the rear axle passenger side.  The only fresh water there is the tank.  It also is leaking with no water hooked up.  Very slow drip, about 5 to 8 seconds apart.

kenb1023 said:
Water dripping at the seam just aft of the rear axle passenger side.  The only fresh water there is the tank.  It also is leaking with no water hooked up.  Very slow drip, about 5 to 8 seconds apart.

When you say leaking at the seam, are you referring to the under belly? If it's just the under belly, you're going to have to pull it down enough to see exactly where the water is coming from. It may be something simple.

Rene T said:
When you say leaking at the seam, are you referring to the under belly? If it's just the under belly, you're going to have to pull it down enough to see exactly where the water is coming from. It may be something simple.
Yes, the seam in the under belly sheet metal.
Thanks

I can feel all aroind the drain line and it is dry.  That plumbing diagram is great, thanks.  I thing the leak is in the crossover tube.  I need to get a borescope camera in there to see.  If it is that cutting a hole in the belly pan should work

kenb1023 said:
I can feel all aroind the drain line and it is dry.  That plumbing diagram is great, thanks.  I thing the leak is in the crossover tube.  I need to get a borescope camera in there to see.  If it is that cutting a hole in the belly pan should work

What do you mean by a cross over tube. When I hear those words, they are typically (in my mind) a pipe which connects 2 tanks. If that's the case, your fresh water tank would not have anything like that. All it would have is a water like going to the water pump, a fill line and a vent line.

Rene T said:
What do you mean by a cross over tube. When I hear those words, they are typically (in my mind) a pipe which connects 2 tanks. If that's the case, your fresh water tank would not have anything like that. All it would have is a water like going to the water pump, a fill line and a vent line.
In the plumbing diagram it shows the fresh water system is made up of two tanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom