Does anyone dislike Oxygenics shower head?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Graycat

We had one in our last trailer and liked it except for a couple of things.  However, dh doesn't want to put one in the current trailer because we would have to move the holder down and fill the old holes.  The Oxygenics head is longer than the standard one in most RVs and our current one is about a half inch lower than the ceiling.

What dh didn't like about the other one was the angle of the head more than the height.  Our current shower isn't as deep, so that could be a problem.

We love ours also.  I made use of the original shower head holder so I would not have to drill new holes or have a second holder.  The original holder holds the Oxygenics secure enough during travel.  We do not shower with the head in it's holder, rather remove it to rinse etc.

Put one in our first Class A.  When we bought our current coach, it was the first thing I transferred from the old RV to the new, even before the memory foam topper for the bed.

Ok, I will ask the opposite question...what is it about the oxygenics showerhead that you all like? I have heard about them but we have yet to get one. Talk me into it...  :)

BikerFlex&HappyJen said:
Ok, I will ask the opposite question...what is it about the oxygenics showerhead that you all like? I have heard about them but we have yet to get one. Talk me into it...  :)

Quite simply, the water flow from the old shower head was weak, to be charitable. When I replaced it with the Oxygenics shower head, using the previous mount, there was a huge difference; not in the amount of water flow, but in how differently it felt. I haven't been RVing for any real length of time, but I'd be hard-pressed to think of a mod that would have more impact with less time and/or effort put into it...

Easy.  I used to call my old shower head "the dribble shower" because that is what the water was like coming out of it.  Because it adds air to the mix, my Oxygenics shower head produces a real spray of water while using even less water than the old one!  It is truly magic, and I would not go back to the old dribble for anything! 

Best $30 I ever spent.  And I also used the holder on the wall from my old shower head.  Easy to install--just unscrewed the old one at the shower pipe coming out of the wall and screwed in new one, after threading it through that loop thing.  Bought one for my son for his trailer, and he and his wife love theirs also.

Just out of curiosity, which model are you using? I have been looking to upgrade the OEM head, just checked amazon, there are 3-4 different hand held models available.

BikerFlex&HappyJen said:
Is the oxygenics a water saver/conserver as well?

They don't actually conserve much if any water when measured in gallons per minute, but they do make the shower feel more effective, so may shorten the amount of time you spend showering.

BikerFlex&HappyJen said:

It has a very powerful spray.  I have long hair and it rinses it well.  We actually got one for our home bath as well.  Also love that it has a turnoff button on the nozzle.

Ours is the RV model.

Go to Oxygenics.com and they offer more than a dozen handheld models.  Several are exclusive to certain retail outlets, and are listed on their site.

I have the one sold at Camping World.  It does save me water because I can push the button on the handle in about half way and still feel like I am having a decent shower but with less than a full spray.

We love ours.  The standard, sort of bent axis RV model.  Holds securely in exiting mount and is such a better experience than the original.  I'm told it's a bit less consumption than standard, but haven't tested it.  The shutoff button alone is worth the price of admission in terms of conservation. 

As a "vertically gifted" person, I actually appreciate the longer length, so it sits a bit higher in the holder.  Allows yours truly to use it without bending into a pretzel.

FunSteak said:
...As a "vertically gifted" person, I actually appreciate the longer length, so it sits a bit higher in the holder.  Allows yours truly to use it without bending into a pretzel.

Same here the added length using the factory holder means I  don't have to bend down as much to  wash my hair.

Isaac-1 said:
Same here the added length using the factory holder means I  don't have to bend down as much to  wash my hair.

Exactly!  And don't even get me started on hotel showers with the head only 5'8" off the floor!  **shakes fist**

Back
Top Bottom