I have a electrical problem 97 Holiday Rambler Endeavor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pbalija

Stumped..... regarding my 97 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. I have a electrical problem with me right turn signal when I'm driving with the light off both turn signal work fine. When I turn the headlights or running lights the right turn signal goes bright but does not blink. If I try the right directional it just stays the same. I have replaced the flashers, headlight switch. and have run independent ground wires to frame for both headlights and directional lights but nothing has changed.  Holiday Rambler it might be the lighting module, but I can't find one anywhere. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Chuck

Sounds like you have a bad ground at the taillight or front turn signal/parking light.  With the taillight off it's filament in the bulb is at 0 volts and provides a partial ground to the turn signal so it flashes normally.  With the headlights on it raises the bad ground point to 12 volts, no current flows through the bulb and the flasher indicates the fault by staying on.

I too suspect a bad ground Have had that prioblem twice on my Workhorse but the left not right side.

once I had to "Reseat" the front turn signal lamp.. it seems it was not making a good ground.

The other time it was the ground lead on the towed car.. I improved the ground (RV end) and all was good.

You might look at the bulbs too.  I had one that blew a turn signal filament and the broken piece of filament shorted over to the running light filament.  That caused similar symptoms to yours.

Back
Top Bottom