i94 from Minneapolis to Grand Rapids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvannie23

Hi Guys,

Not quite sure where to put this question. I will be making the trip from Minneapolis MN to Grand Rapids MI in late October. My plan was to use the ferry and go across the lake into Michigan. Google shows it as only a 20 minute increase in time which seems reasonable. I will not be towing the camper.

Anything I should know about this route or i94 in general? I am not from this area in the least and know very little. Any tips or insight is appreciated. Thanks!!

Watch the weather forecast.  October's weather can have some surprises from time to time.

Sorry I did not look earlier!

Driving through Chicago is NEVER a pleasant drive.  Plus the roads are often toll roads.  The ferry is a MUCH better plan!

rvannie23 said:
Hi Guys,

Not quite sure where to put this question. I will be making the trip from Minneapolis MN to Grand Rapids MI in late October. My plan was to use the ferry and go across the lake into Michigan. Google shows it as only a 20 minute increase in time which seems reasonable. I will not be towing the camper.

Anything I should know about this route or i94 in general? I am not from this area in the least and know very little. Any tips or insight is appreciated. Thanks!!

I went on the catamaran ferry once with my truck.  Be sure to make a reservation, it fills fast.  94 is a decent road.  Stay 78 MPH or so or less and you wont have trouble.  A bit of construction now, so it's a pain for a few short (20-mile) intervals.

If you will be driving through tolls, get an I-Pass.  You get a 50% discount on all tolls, and do not have to stop.

Senator said:
I went on the catamaran ferry once with my truck.  Be sure to make a reservation, it fills fast.  94 is a decent road.  Stay 78 MPH or so or less and you wont have trouble.  A bit of construction now, so it's a pain for a few short (20-mile) intervals.

If you will be driving through tolls, get an I-Pass.  You get a 50% discount on all tolls, and do not have to stop.

Awesome this is great to know. I?ll gave a rental car since I am traveling for work and I know it has a pass in it. I made a reservation for the day of the trip and hoping the weather holds out. Reviews says it would be unpleasant with big waves.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom