Battery Tender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DTM

Our awning in our Holiday Rambler Class A runs off the car battery, does anyone use a battery tender to keep the car battery charged?

If your car battery is the same thing as the chassis batteries then YES I use a battery tender to keep my 2 chassis batteries charged
as when plugged into shore power only the house batteries get charged.

One of the cheap trickle chargers from Harbor Freight or Amazon will do nicely.  I use one of the cheap HF units to keep the battery up while one of my cars that is stored for the summer season.

If you want something more elegant, try the Battery MINDer or Battery Tender brands - they both have several available.

ON my class A I use the BIRD (Bidirectional Isolator Relay Device) and the house converter charges ALL batteries same as the alternator does going down the highway.

however I have a very nice Deltran Battery Tender. This is not the little job you use ONLY to keep the battery up. This puppy has 3 modes.. Tender (1-2 amps) BOOST (20 amps to recharge a battery that is low. and JUMP 70 amps to fire up ye old gas burner) Never used the JUMP mode.. Yet.

I also use a Trik-L-Start. It is hardwired in so when you plug your coach into shore power you are charging your chassis battery (batteries) and your house batteries

Safe travels.  JD

Back
Top Bottom