App for tracking expenses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jymbee

Looking for an Android app to track expenses while traveling. Ideally an RV specific app given a lot of the ones I've looked at are very car/truck specific requiring you to enter car/truck model etc.

If you are familiar with Excel spreadsheets, use Polaris Office and make up your own.

kdbgoat said:
If you are familiar with Excel spreadsheets, use Polaris Office and make up your own.

Yep, I'm fairly proficient at Excel and subscribe to MS's 365 however the time & effort to set everything up would require more time & effort than I'm willing to expend-- especially given there must be mature apps out there with many more features than one could build going the DYI ROUTE.

My college kids use an App called 'Mint'  they love it, and it's customizable (sp).

They track everything (I'm about teaching them to manage their money, not let the money manage them)

I think it's a couple bucks though.

Check the library, or do a search, the late forum member Ned designed a program that several use.

Ed

I've been using Ned's Rolling Stock since 1999. It still tells me every trip we've made since then, where we stayed, all the fuel we purchased and our mpg's, maintenance reminders, etc. Ned turned the program over to a New Zealander, Johan, before he died and the program software has been updated. I'm still using it for our cars and auto trips and it works great. A bit of a learning curve but easy to use once you are familiar with it.

Website is at http://www.rollingstock.co.za/

I'm another satisfied Rolling Stock user.  However, it's Windows based and the OP is looking for an Android app.

Android wasn't around when Ned created Rolling Stock.

Ned was a professional software writer and originally made Rolling Stock to keep track of his own travels and expenses as a fulltime RVer.  Only later, after showing it to other RVers who wanted copies,  did he package it up and put it on the market.

Senator said:
Quicken has a mobile app.  Then download to your desktop if you want.

Thanks but there doesn't seem to be a travel specific features-- such as tracking miles/gal, etc. which is one of the things I want to track.

Back
Top Bottom