Back When....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A&W Root Beer.  The canned and bottled stuff just isn't the same as the old fashioned mixed stuff you used to get at the drive-in. 
When you find A&W at the fountain at a convenience store today, I don't think they have the syrup/water ratio adjusted right, either. 

Please, please let me/us know where you found them. I have four old ones from the 80's. Love them but they are on their last legs. I've been looking all over but can't find a replacement for them.

I've looked on Amazon, eBay and Walmart... but no luck. Plenty of lawn chairs but I could not find the aluminium-frame, nylon webbing style. The closest I found were the steel-frame, canvas ones, which are a lot heavier and the canvas takes a long time to dry when wet.

Wow! Thank you! Guess I'll have to work on my internet search skills.  :-[
Off to order my new lawn chairs.
Thanks!

darsben said:
Bali Hai wine. It was sweet and the girls loved it so they drank a lot of it. then ........................................
We must be around the same age because Bali Hai was it back then along with Slo Gin and 7-up

Sometimes when going to the grocery store I miss the less diverse selection of years ago, who else remembers when there were only 2 or 3 choices in BBQ sauce, and when the choice for ketches was Heinz, Hunts, or maybe Del Monte and that was it, today there are more than 3 types of Heinz Ketchup alone  http://www.heinz.com/products/heinztomatoketchup I count 13 different varieties of Heinz Ketchup, including at least 3 different types of hot ketchup.

This variety makes it impossible to shop for someone else, no more hey while your at the store will you pick up some ????? for me as to get the right one is a dice roll, Ok you want  "Better Oats" brand oatmeal, do you want bulk pack, individual pack or 100 calorie pack, do you want thick and chunky, steel cut, or rolled oats, and this is all before we get to which flavor.

We bought a new car a few months ago. I came with 6 months trial of Sirius radio. We found channel 5 "50's on 5". Talk about a "way back machine "  We are loving it. Deon and the Belmonts, Buddy Holly, Doris Day, Pat Boone, the Big Bopper, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis, and on and on.

I have had a zero gravity recliner for about 3 years now, and the side cords are about ready to be replaced as I use it so much. It's the only outside chair I found that has decent support for my back and is comfortable in any position. It is wider than most chairs though. I had to create some additional space at the top of a storage bay with a wire shelf to store it so it wouldn't take up a whole side of a slide out storage tray. 

It's way worth it though. I bought the longer, heavy duty model that is rated to 300#. Hopefully I will never get to test out that limit. 

Lawn Chair USA is where we purchased.

Probably cheaper out there...we?ll see about quality.  They were delivered today but we are on the road so will find out in a couple weeks.

Old_Crow said:
A&W Root Beer.  The canned and bottled stuff just isn't the same as the old fashioned mixed stuff you used to get at the drive-in. 
When you find A&W at the fountain at a convenience store today, I don't think they have the syrup/water ratio adjusted right, either.
If you ever get to Modesto, CA, be sure to try the A&W there. It?s over 100 years old...still the same mediocre food...with great root beer.

skydivemark said:
I remember burger king having 2 for one whoppers 99cents.

And the A&W?s used to have 10 for $1 coney dogs back in the 60?s...I?n sure some of our OLDER than dirt members will remember two brontosaurus burgers for a rock...  :p

BoomerD said:
And the A&W?s used to have 10 for $1 coney dogs back in the 60?s...I?n sure some of our OLDER than dirt members will remember two brontosaurus burgers for a rock...  :p

Yes, but that also included a (dinner) roll...  ::)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom