Inverter not powering my new residential frig, but everything else is fine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malibu39

Just installed a new inverter/charger (Freedom XC 2000) and at the same time, replaced my Norcold with a Samsung RF18HFENBSR. The refrigerator works when hooked up to shore power, but not when going off my inverter.  Everything else in the coach works from the inverter.

Is there something going on with that plug that I wasn?t aware of?

2004 Itasca Horizon 40KD

You might have it plugged in the wrong outlet. I have 2 outlets in back of the fridge. One works via the inverter and powers the fridge. The other outlet does not work via the inverter and powered the ice maker of the Norcold 1200.

If you only have one outlet and you have no power to it from the inverter it most likely is not wired to the inverter. Winnie has wired the fridges both ways. ☹

It's normal for the outlet a gas/electric refrigerator is plugged into to not be connected to the inverter.  If it was, every time you turned on the inverter the fridge would switch to electric operation and drain the batteries.

If you have a 50 amp rig, it's likely the inverter only powers one side of the AC breaker panel.  The side it doesn't energize contains the stuff the inverter doesn't power.  Things like a second air conditioner, the electric side of the water heater and the refrigerator outlet.

Thank you. In all the research I have done on switching to a residential refrigerator, I never even seen a comment on this matter. But I was able to re-run the frig plug to a different outlet. Not as clean, but it works. Lesson learned.

I can "Move" the wires at the breaker boxes (They are close enough) actually the line for that goes to a switch in my RV and 12ga from there to two different breakers, 1 in the main box. one in the sub panel.

Now  How do you like that Xc-2K.. Mine works well but I found the "Quick COnnects" did not like 10ga Romex. ok with 12ga but not 10. I'm gonna have to fix that some day.  But I'll let warranty expire first.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom