cold weather boondocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

up4air

I am facing below freezing temperatures of 31 to 24 deg F between 1 and 7 am next week in Grand Teton and Yellowstone NP.  Afternoon temps are projected to rise into 50's to 70's.  I think the fresh water and holding tanks will not freeze in six or seven hours of temperatures within 8 or 10 degrees of freezing.  I am not so sure about the connecting plumbing in my Winnebago View.  I plan to run heat at night to keep the temp well above freezing and open the bathroom and cabinet doors to aid circulation.  I expect the thermal soaking during daylight hours will bring water temps high enough to withstand night time temp drops.

Will this be sufficient or will I run into freezing problems with my internal plumbing?  I think my chief concern will be replenishing propane and fresh water.

I don't think you will have any internal plumbing problems at those temperatures, for that amount of time in a heated rv, though to be safe it might be a good idea to get up during the night a time or two and run all the faucets for a few seconds.  Smaller diameter piping will be at greater risk than larger diameter, so hoses, outside shower if you have one, etc. may be a concern.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom