Maryland route ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sadixon49

I'm leaving Dewey Beach, DE for Indy next Friday. Need route advice from west end of Bay bridge thru Baltimore area to I 70/I 68. Google maps suggests US50 west to I 97, I 97 north to I 695, I 695 to I 70 west bound. I'm wondering if MD100 would be better, My gut tells me the farther I can stay from Baltimore proper the better off I will be. Will be driving a 28' class C with no toad if that makes a difference.

How about I-97 to Route 32 to I-70? Not at rush hour, of course.

I don't see any commercial vehicle restrictions, and one of the DOT photos shows an 18 wheeler.

I'm all for staying out of Baltimore and D.C.

Thanks, I looked at route 32 but kind of blew it off because it drops off limited access near Clarksville, but it does seem to be OK.

Yep, follow the advice above. We live in Delaware, and go to WV quite often. That's the route we take.

Not just me, I'm not sure where HappyWanderer is from, but that's Pugapooh's stomping grounds over that way. We like the mountains, Pugapooh likes the beach. We probably pass each other on the highway.  :)

I'm from Connecticut, but I've been in that area a few times. Most recently this July, doing the Baltimore/DC bypass.

kdbgoat said:
Not just me, I'm not sure where HappyWanderer is from, but that's Pugapooh's stomping grounds over that way. We like the mountains, Pugapooh likes the beach. We probably pass each other on the highway.  :)

Lol. We are going to Luray soon. I like mountains too.

Hey ya all doing?

We reside in western Maryland, I usually take I97N to RTE 100 to US29 to I70W coming from Delaware. However, if you hit US29 during rush hour your life is going to suck. I70 is a few miles from RTE100 not too far. However, watch out for Frederick, Md during rush hour it can be a bugger. Where I70 and I270 merge is what I am referring to. After Frederick you are home free for traffic until Hagerstown and then it's not that bad. Once you hit Hancock, Md you will wonder where all the traffic went. LOL

Once you get to Cumberland, Md give me a Howdy Doo.

Which route did you finally choose, and how was it?

I'd love an update.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom