Six Flags parking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVMommaTo6

We're going to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo CA in our travels. They close at 11pm. Does anyone know if we can stay in the parking lot overnight and leave before they open the next morning or do they clear the lots each night? I've searched for answers online and didn't find anything.

You can send them an email via their web site and ask the question.

Tom said:
You can send them an email via their web site and ask the question.
Quick and easy and probably a small fraction of the time I spent researching online lol, perfect! Thank you!

RVMommaTo6 said:
It doesn't show anything, it says contact us and then is blank.

That is odd, I get this, drop down works fine??  Maybe they fixed it already

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 10
Hey RV mom I pass by six flags and live in Napa, there is not an overnight parking and the area isn't too safe.
There are 3 Wal-Mart's in the area on one on hiway 29 very close to there, 2 in the next town.
Google it , it may be better to park at the nearby Wal-Mart.

Maybe they fixed it already
perhaps they had some server problems for a while.
Looks like it. The subject line selections on their contact form include 'RV Parking'.

Meanwhile, I'd pay attention to Willandgiselarv's comments.

Attachments

• SixFlagsContact.jpg
    SixFlagsContact.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 10
Here is an old post from Tom when they were marine world in regards to parking.
They moved from Redwood City to Vallejo
The parking lot is the same.
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=12364.0

It still isn't working for me, I'm wondering if it's because I'm on a cell phone? Idk, strange.
I'll go to the Wal-Mart near by just to sleep before moving on in the morning :)

[quote author=Willandgiselarv]Here is an old post from Tom when they were marine world in regards to parking.[/quote]

That was merely an "as far as I know" comment. We weren't there in our coach (we always drove by car from home to this and the prior location); I just happened to notice the "RV parking this way" sign. The intent was to let folks know they could drive to the park and have a place to park their RV for the day.

Yeah I actually saw that thread in my search :) I also wasn't sure it it had fully switched over to Six Flags at that point because it sounded like SF had newly acquired it and I know SF rules can take up to a year to take effect. I'll play it safe by sticking to the Wal-Mart down the road, probably a safer idea.
When I originally asked, I thought maybe Six Flags had a reputation like WalMart or Cracker Barrel or something. Lol, guess not!

I went to a six flags park about 25 years ago (ok maybe 28) and had a memorable miserable experience all thanks to the way it was ran.  Everything was the rules this and the rules that, and if you break the rules you will be kicked out of the park.  It was everywhere, ride the train around the park and listen to the recording saying if you stick yours hands out of the train you will be removed from the park, if you get off the train when not at a station you will be removed from the park, .....  Then a while later we were in line for some very peaceful ride (maybe a boat ride, something very slow), there was a young couple a few people in front of us with a newborn baby in a diaper.  They were not allowed to get on the ride because shirts are required on all rides, they argued with the attendant about the policy, this of course held up the line.  So hundreds of us spent over half an hour standing there while some manager was called down, he again insisted that the tiny baby had to wear a shirt to go on the ride, the parents explained that they did not have a shirt for the baby in the diaper bag, the manager went on to suggest that he would let them go on the ride if they covered the babies top with a second disposable diaper.  All the while the hundred are so people are becoming more an more fed up with this Six Flags policy.  Taking a newborn baby out like this may not have been the best parenting choice, but that has nothing to do with the absurd regulations.  I also recall lots of copyright warning statements, this was in the Looney Tunes - Six Flag era, and there again was warning after warning about not doing this and that, like no video taping the Looney Tunes characters, ....  Just utterly insane.

tagging on as a side note...
I was wondering the same thing about Legoland a couple years ago when we went there in the RV.  I was thinking about how these amusement parks and similar places are missing an opportunity in not letting RV's overnight in the parking lot.
I'm already paying them for day use of a parking space so it doesn't seem to be too much of a stretch for an additional night use charge.  I'd be willing to pay if reasonable.
Plus I might on occasion be a bit more likely to do two days at the park instead of just one...
or stay in the park later (spending more money) while knowing I don't have to leave and go find a boon docking place or CG someplace else.
or in other cases arrive the night before so I can get in the park even earlier (to spend more money in there)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom