Re: My website (janeandjohn.org) is xxdownxx FULLY back up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team
Somebody asked in a private message about the disappearance of my website (janeandjohn.org) and associated RV project pages. Last Friday my web hosting provider suffered a human induced catastrophic failure. A system administrator was doing some server housekeeping - deleting unnecessary files. Unfortunately he issued a command that nuked the entire data center, thousands of customer accounts were deleted. The hosting company has been working 24 hours a day restoring accounts from backups and we are due to be up sometime today, I hope. Needless to say the provider has learned from the disaster.

I feel badly for the guy that basically shut down the provider and hundreds if not thousands of downstream clients. This provider is also a reseller so the hosting company was selling server resources that were resold to end users, mostly businesses in this country and others. Resellers lost some customers over this fiasco  :p . Anyway, we're back up - life is good.

Edit - looks like only weather.janeandjohn.org is up and running. Hopefully the rest will be on line later today.

Looks like your website is back in full glory!    (I think someone is out of a job now)

Great to have it back John, I still use it a lot to do some projects you did before, very valuable advice and meticulous documentation.

I'm into fixing the Freightliner silent blinkers no sound on them drives me nuts!

:):):))

Yessir - we're fully restored  :D Even the big players suffer outages so I'm going to stay with my provider.

Get those turn signals making noise! You might have to check online for the piezo buzzers - Jameco, Digikey, Amazon, etc. since Radio Shack is mostly out of the parts business (I think they have some online parts though.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom