Proud Step-Parent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SarniaTricia

I have to share this ....
Background: I have two step-children that I have helped raise for the last 12 years.
My step-son is 21

We had a storm go through this area last night...
He is working midnights and was on his way to work at about 9:30-10:00 last night..
He came through a small town (like a bedroom community) and the main road (4 lanes) was flooded over the curb and onto lawns and green spaces ... so much so the police were monitoring vehicles and stopping smaller cars from using the road....  He has a half ton truck, so they let him through....
As he was driving along he came to a person stalled in the road in a small car... he stopped, hopped out (in shin high water!) and hooked up his tow line and towed the car to a parking area that was a little higher .... also, gave the owner the bad news that he needed to contact his insurance, because that car is not a "quick fix"

This morning at breakfast, his dad asked him why he would get himself soaked on the way into work instead of calling his friend who runs a tow business....
he said.... "I COULDN'T JUST LEAVE HIM!"
My heart about burst with pride!!

(My step son also works part-time for the tow business so he is fully trained on towing)

Good for him!!  And it shows he "was raised right" as they say.

ArdraF

Thanks for sharing his kind gesture to the person that needed help! He did right!! Yesterday I saw a video on FB this happened in China. The lady trying to go thru a busy street , a car hit her . As she laid on the road , all those people pass by not stopping to help, car drove around her until another car went over her body killing her.  So sad, I cried as I saw it ... what world we are living ...

Back
Top Bottom