Circling the globe by jet ski

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I recently stumbled on the TV series 'Dangerous Waters' on amazon prime. Over multiple episodes and seasons, it chronicles the adventures of a group of guys who left Seattle, WA to circle the globe by jet ski. Weather and sea conditions dictate that they take the journey in 'seasons', breaking off and returning to where they left off. Fuel supply is a continual challenge, and the multiple fuel jugs carried in custom racks on the back of their craft only help over short distances. 50 gallon drums of gas are transported by skiff, a whaling boat, and by light aircraft to keep them going between land-based fuel stops.

I'm only part way through the series, beginning of season 4 where they depart Iceland, on their way to cross the Atlantic. Season 3 ended with them being totally locked in by arctic ice, and having to be rescued by a Canadian Coastguard ice breaker. The scenery and wildlife they experienced along the way was mind boggling, and the sea conditions they endured were sometimes (often) horrendous. They've been met with local kindness and hospitality at a number of their land stops, while other overnight stops meant camping on a beach and having to keep a lookout for bears.

I will have to watch that. As an avid jet-skier, I can't imagine trying to circle the globe. Wow!

It sounds like a great show, but as adventurous as I am, that is so far from anything I would ever want to attempt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom