Nextdoor.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermanotorious

Hey guys and gals, if you haven't signed up for Nextdoor.com yet there's no better time than as you read this post. It's social media for your specific neighborhood. You can promote your small business, help your neighbors reconnect with lost pets, gossip about the road construction, etc.

My little ask is that you use my invitation link to sign up:

https://nextdoor.com/invite/jpxplxgjzrstpqldzkms

It helps me climb the inviter list and that's all there is to it. I wont see any of your personal information or even be notified that you signed up.

My advice when signing up is to lock down your privacy settings. Mask your address and I have almost all the notifications for my neighborhood turned off. I subscribe to some threads, esp those that are talking about break ins near my house.

I love the app, most of the time.  can me some drama.  Keeps me aware for on-goings.  Question:  Why do the invites?  It's not like a paid thing?  Just currious.

Just a personal goal to be the top inviter, there is no incentive beyond that. Yes some people tend to stir up drama but I ignore it, here in New River I've seen dogs, tortoises, and horses reunited with owners through the site, also, while not in my neighborhood, Nextdoor was able to find the helmet that was stolen off my handlebars!

When I was preparing to go fulltime I posted my yard sales on next door. I mentioned in the post what I was doing. Lots of people came by and bought stuff because they thought it was cool. I was on it awhile before that also and did get some good info on goings on in the neighborhood.

I do have the Nextdoor app at the S&B. I have seen lost dogs get returned, good references for tradesmen, good information from the public safety folks (flooding) and transportation people (road construction). I have also seen a people making wild accusations of criminal conduct just because some kids walked through a yard! My standard response to the wild accusations is ?What did the police say?? while my response to the others is ?Thanks!?

Spoiler alert: None of the wild accusations were reported to the police.

I'm encouraged to hear of the positive aspects of this app many of you report.
My perception of our particular "neighborhood app" has been generally negative.
I downloaded the app a few months ago. A disproportional number of worrisome reports of strange vehicles roaming the neighborhood. These turn out to be Amazon deliveries or other inconsequential non-events.
Most tragic, was a post by a 13 year old boy asking for work doing any type of lawn work in the neighborhood. He described himself as responsible and a hard worker. Looking to earn some money. Unfortunately, he was admonished with several posts saying he should not post his "advertisement" here, and any potential jobs should be thoroughly vetted by his parents via interviews with potential customers for his "protection".
How completely sad.
So I hired him. Nice kid. He weeded the perimeter of my house and trimmed some shrubs. Did an excellent job and I paid him an above average wage.
Never heard from his parents, so I assume they're reasonably normal...??

I'm all for due diligence, but unfounded paranoia does no one any good.

my invite counter has gone up so thank you to whoever used my link, if you're willing please post a reply about how it's sincere and not a scam of any sort

I had Nextdoor.com when I had my S&B. I too listed my garage sales when I got rid of our house stuff, and also got some kids to help do some of the yard work. One of the members was a police/community liaison with the police dept. Anytime something was going on, such as sex offender release, looking for certain individuals, or whatever, she was notified and would then post in the group.

Our neighborhood didnt have any drama on it thank goodness. The most dramatic things to happen was a black bear wandering through the neighborhood and a few coyote sightings.

Alright guys I've moved in to 3rd place LOL. This is just for my own entertainment remember, it costs you nothing and I earn nothing by having you use my link. Please keep at it, sign up if you haven't already!

Attachments

• inviters.png
    inviters.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 22
I'm only 3 accepted invitations from taking 2nd place! Please please use my link. I just helped a lost dog find its owner through the site. It was a beautiful white/gray/black mix of what looked like heeler, austrailian sheep dog, and coyote- not even kidding. Very well behaved, jumped up on our masonry wall and walked it like coyotes do.

I've taken 2nd place! Now I really need y'all to use my link. Virtually every home in my area has been invited, I'll only get to 1st place with your help!

It looks like my link was used a couple of days ago, thank you so much!

I'm only 14 invites away from the top right now which could change if the other person gets some more so PLEASE keep using my link! Feel free to send it to friends and family members who you believe would benefit from the site! Thanks again!!

I cant believe it! I have saturated my entire neighborhood with invites. I'm only 8 away from first place, since I have postcards that I cant even mail out, I need this link used to get me in to first place, please please please use it if you've been on the fence! Make sure you pay attention to the privacy settings on Nextdoor!

Back
Top Bottom