New recall announced by FCA for Jeep and several other vehicles U87

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
I subscribe to a blog from a guy called the "Jeep Informant". He just posted about a new FCA recall involving a possible issue with a computer chip on the PCM (Powertrain Control Module). This could cause a No Start or Stall condition. The PCM will need  to be replaced. Here is snipit of the recall.

brandon haneline <[email protected]>
Attachments
Fri, Sep 28, 8:32 PM (13 hours ago)
to brandon, bcc: me

Hello Everyone ,

Its been a while Since we have had a big one.

This week we have 1 Jeep Recall Applying to 2018 (JL) Jeep Wrangler , 2017 - 2018 (JK) Jeep Wrangler,2018 - 2019 (KL) Jeep Cherokee, 2018 (BU) Jeep Renegade, 2018 (MP) Jeep Compass, 2018 (WK) Jeep Grand Cherokee the Name of the recall is Safety Recall U87 Powertrain Control Module. the safety Recall was issued due to a PCM failure on the circuit board. If the (PCM) fails, you may experience a no-start, a start-and-immediate stall condition, or an engine stall while driving. The PCM on all of the above vehicles must be replaced and reprogrammed. Please see the PDF attached to the email for Full details on this recall and what Month Day Hour (MDH) vehicles are involved.

Im not real sure why so little vehicles Involved in such a Wide time frame. They may update the Recall if its wrong. Or it could be something im missing. either was make sure you use this link below to check your vin for any outstanding or closed recalls.

You can Check your Vin at Mopar official recall website. Here is the link to see if your Jeep is involved.

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

Back
Top Bottom