Mattress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rlt

I want to replace my mattress I my TT... My question is I have a Wildwood X-lite with a Murphy bed( short queen) the mattress in it now is about 4" in thick. Most of the foam mattress are in the 8"to 10", wondering if the thicker mattress will compress and work with the Murphy when up? Has anyone try to use the thicker foam mattress on they Murphy beds? or if they replace the mattress what did you use? Thanks 

Murphy Bed is one of those copyrighted brand names that is also used generically as well, and few "murphy beds" are actually the Murphy brand. In other words, not all fold up "Murphy-style" beds are alike.  You will just have to experiment with your particular bed and see what works. 

I would suggest placing things of various thicknesses on the mattress and folding up the bed to see if it closed OK. Foam blocks, a mattress pad, pillows, etc. If it's not a full size pad, try the spacers in different locations, because the depth may not be uniform.

You may also be able to find a much better quality 4" than what came with it. RV manufacturers are notoriously skimpy om mattress quality, especially in lower-priced models.

Back
Top Bottom