rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Refrigerator not working  (Read 1616 times)

Honorbuilt22

Refrigerator not working
« on: October 01, 2018, 01:38:30 PM »
Hi team!

I've just bought a second hand '94 Ford Econoline conversion. The refrigerator runs off propane and the generator, however it is currently not working at all.

Is there some way you think I could fix it myself? Are there common issues with RV fridges? It's a Domestic 2310 gas electric.

Do you think I should replace the fridge? And if so, what should I look for to find a fridge that is both propane and generator powered? Will I be able to install it myself easily without experience?

Thank you so much!

captsteve

• ---
  • measure with a micrometer, cut with a chainsaw!
Re: Refrigerator not working
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 01:50:49 PM »
 :o duplicate post....
Capt Steve has the Conn, Trina navigator ( Admiral )
2004 American Revolution 40c (aka Fat Girl) **Sold**
2017 Ram 1500 (Future Toad)
Piper Archer II  (Where the RV money goes)

NatalieRoberts

• ---
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 07:50:23 AM »
Of couse, you can install it yourself . I will give you some information related to it. Firstly, you have to prepare measuring tape, screwdriver, dolly strap, moving dolly (if ever you have one). Next you will Take Out the Frame, Take Out the Exterior Frame, turn Off the Gas to safety, Pull Out the Caulking and finally you take Out the Old Fridge. Easy!

donn

• ---
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 08:25:51 AM »
RV refers meed 12VDC and propane, and some models also like 120VAC to operate.  Without the first 2 it wont work.  How do you know its not working?  RV absorbition refers generally need from 12 to 24 hours to kool down to operating temp.  Do you have gas and battery power to the refer?  Have you let it kool?
Your post is really lacking a lot of information.  There are so many little things you can do to make it work properly, you just need to start at the top of the check list.  When you open the access cover outside do you see a yellowish residue on stuff?  Do you smell ammonia?

nibroc

• ---
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 10:00:52 AM »

OLD POST ::)

Ex-Calif

• ---
  • Dan from Dayton...
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 10:09:36 AM »
Doh... Old post trap...

Edited to delete content...

New to the site. Is there an option to delete your own posts? Some sites allow it, some don't...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 10:12:27 AM by Ex-Calif »
"Marvin" - 1996 Georgie Boy Pursuit 3150 - P30 Chev 454
Various classic MGBs
Ex-liveaboard boater - Class A newbie in sponge mode

NatalieRoberts

• ---
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 02:21:01 AM »
This is some useful information that I say, it related to rv refrigerator . I think someone will need it. Thanks

(Moderator edit - promotional link removed)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 09:59:50 AM by Back2PA »