GOING TO THE R T R , WANNA COME ALONG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvwanderer1

The rtr is in January 2019, I'll be in sw Florida and heading that way,  rt 75 to 10 to az, can't get lost. Anyone else is Fla going and want to follow along or lead the way, I'm expecting to do 5 or 6 hours a day, no hurry ... some boondocking except for the day before. I'll stay in a park, dump tanks fill water etc if interested leave a message

It is for anyone who wants to attend, but I would guess that it is mostly fulltimers who attend, and most of them are into "cheap RV living".  Lots of other you tube videos on the topic.

PJ Stough said:
It is for anyone who wants to attend, but I would guess that it is mostly fulltimers who attend, and most of them are into "cheap RV living".  Lots of other you tube videos on the topic.
? you had me at cheap! ❤ lol
I'm into cheap living, I'm just not a full timer (yet) hehehe

It sort of caters to van dwellers that are looking for a cheap way to full-time off the grid as much as possible, but any kind of rver is definatly welcome.

Rtr started out for vans, now its grown to all rvs .  They have seminars for all things rving. Its turning into a big party in the desert . They expect 6 thousand or more . Thats a lot of rvs n tents . Im gonna go check it out and then explore maybe south and go see texas ...

That number sounds wildly optimistic.  We average 1000-1500 people at the Escapade each year, and it's only manageable due to lots of advance planning.  Large FMCA rallies probably draw similar crowds.  Six thousand people would create an unmanageable mess, IMO.

The rtr location has moved since last year, they needed more space. Last year estimates were 3500  by the park rangers , and 4500 estimated by tbe people putting it on.  Either way its a lot of people.  Its east of quartzite just off of rt 10... i figured 1500 miles for me ,now i mapped it, its 2350. Miles. If your not retired or doing full time, thats a long trip ...

That's a lot of people. Lock up your stuff.

I drove thru it last winter when I was at Quartzsite.

Mostly Vans, cars, tents, and various other RVs.

They were spread out over a large area south of the Interstate and east of town.

It did have a kind of Hippy feel to the gathering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom