Thermostat Help...96 National Seabreeze

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TG5611

So I'm trying to install this new thermostat and I cant get the wires right. It seems National used different colored wires than everyone else.  They seem to all be mislabeled. Does anyone know which wires go where? I'm so confused.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 9
I don't know if this will help you but I took the cover off mine and the wires are like this starting from the left (7.5) and going right:

Red  Yellow  White  Blue  Brown  and Green.

Thanks Rene. You seem to have the standard wiring setup and thats where I'm having a problem. It seems National RV decided to be different and use different colored wires than everybody else. I cant find this info anywhere. Hoping someone out there with a National can help me out.  My wire colors are blue red orange black clear and a clear with a green stripe.

You can probably discern them by function with a multi meter, I think only one supplies power at 7.5VDC (there is another similar (identical) looking version that uses a different voltage).  The others are ground, and a set of functions that work by being grounded out.

If you can determine 7.5VDC positive, and ground, the rest can probably be determined experimentally by connecting them to ground and seeing what happens.

Back
Top Bottom