Bob's a/c

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Maxwell

Moderator Emeritus
No, I'm mising everyone too. It's been low-mid 90's and we had no cooling for aalmost two weeks until yesterday and boy did it feel great.

master Cool makes great evaporative cooling units, both mobile and permanent. We have one of each since we acquired the mobile while the old one was still hanging on. It died. For the roof we got the 5k-5.5k CFM with the 8" pad. WoW!

I have to say the evaporative cooling unit (A Gator Portable) I took with me this year really did the trick.

56 watts and it outperformed the roof top air!!!!!

I had Direc TV installed yesterday (Since the dish receiver went diodes up) and the installer was demo-ing the "Active" channel, you can get weather for any zip code... I entered 89115 IIRC.  He gasped as he saw the temps for Las Vegas (100+ straight across the board)  He never asked how I know DD's Zip code (Darling Daughter)

John In Detroit said:
...I had Direc TV installed yesterday (Since the dish receiver went diodes up) and the installer was demo-ing the "Active" channel, you can get weather for any zip code...

What's the channel number?  I can't find it in the guide...

Alaskansnowbirds said:
It's not a channel. Push the "active" button on your remote.
Ah, that's the problem.  Mine's a 1998 vintage system.  Things weren't so "active" back then.  ::)

Alaskansnowbirds said:
It's not a channel. Push the "active" button on your remote.

Don

My DTV came with a remote that included an "info" button. At the time DTV was providing an interactive capability on the weather and a few other channels. That feature was dropped after Murdoch bought DTV. How does the "active" button work and can other buttons be used instead?

BernieD said:
Don

My DTV came with a remote that included an "info" button. At the time DTV was providing an interactive capability on the weather and a few other channels. That feature was dropped after Murdoch bought DTV. How does the "active" button work and can other buttons be used instead?

Bernie,

When I push the ?active? button a screen opens with multiple windows. In the upper left corner there is previews running for PPV movies. Down the right side is a 5-day weather forecast. Down the left side is a menu. Weather, Horoscope, Lottery, Pay Per View, The 101 and Customer Support. In the center is what ever they are promoting at the moment. Right now they are promoting DTV?s NASCAR Hotpass. If you select one of the menu items it takes you to another menu where you can for example, under weather, put in any zip code to get the weather for that area. You can set up to five cities so you can check the weather for those cities without having to reenter the zip codes. Horoscope is just that. Lottery, pick a state from the map and it gives you the lottery results from the last drawing. Pay Per View is movie previews. I don't know what the ?The 101? is. I think it has something to do with music videos. Customer Support takes you to channel 114.

Other than the weather I've never played with it much. Don't know about any other button combinations. This is the only DTV remote I've ever had.

Don

I just talked with DTV tech support. The active button is only on newer DTV receivers, mine is a 2002 Hughes receiver and can't handle the "active" button. My choice is to do without or pay $20 (one time payment) for a new rental DTV receiver with the active button on it.

BernieD said:
Don

I just talked with DTV tech support. The active button is only on newer DTV receivers, mine is a 2002 Hughes receiver and can't handle the "active" button. My choice is to do without or pay $20 (one time payment) for a new rental DTV receiver with the active button on it.

Well other than the weather feature you're not missing much.

I recently downloaded a file (HTML, I printed it to Cute PDF so it's on my drive as a pdf) from www.dbstalk.com

IT's a "Quick start" reference for the Direc R-15 DVR and explains many functions.  (it is a "how to" guide)

It says of the Active button:

Press ACTIVE for Weather, Horoscopes, Lottery and more.

Not really a lot there.

Of course just now my DTV account is "suspended" till I hit the road with the motor home again in 2 weeks (From today in fact)

Back
Top Bottom