Looking for Space/Privacy in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Force

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steelmooch

Hello, all...and thanks for your time and consideration. 

Looking into a June trip to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. 

We're campers that appreciate some space and privacy in our campsites. 

So far, over 20 campgrounds in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge that I've looked at have nearly "slider-within-2-feet-of-slider" layouts, with as many units as possible packed around each loop. 

The state park campgrounds appear a bit better in this regard, but still not what we usually search for. 

Is anyone able to recommend a private campground that I've missed?  A "hip camp" property?  Anything with at least 30 amp electric and some degree of privacy in the area? 

Thanks! 

" Looking for Space/Privacy in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Force "
Good luck with that. Lucky to get a place during peak season. I have stayed in the area several times and will be back.
I would look at Up the Creek RV Camp, Smoky Bear Campground and RV Park, or Pine Mountain RV Park.
Bill

Thanks so much to both of you...that's the impression that I was getting during my research. 

Have a nice week! 

Thank you for the feedback...

Any recommendations on a less-crowded way to stay and enjoy the area? 

I could will myself to camp in a parking-space-sized site in a "special" situation like Fishing Bridge, Yellowstone or the "on the beach" loop at Fort Clinch, FL...but can't bring myself to do it in such an otherwise wooded, rural setting. 

Any experiences with rental cabins or Air BnBs in the area?  Places farther out with a reasonable daily drive? 

Thanks!  :)

"Any recommendations on a less-crowded way to stay and enjoy the area?"
Nun  of the places I listed are all that bad. If it is a real problem the easiest way is to rent the spots on both sides of you as well. That will give you some elbow room.
Bill

steelmooch said:
Thank you for the feedback...

Any recommendations on a less-crowded way to stay and enjoy the area? 

I could will myself to camp in a parking-space-sized site in a "special" situation like Fishing Bridge, Yellowstone or the "on the beach" loop at Fort Clinch, FL...but can't bring myself to do it in such an otherwise wooded, rural setting. 

Any experiences with rental cabins or Air BnBs in the area?  Places farther out with a reasonable daily drive? 

Thanks!  :)

My son has rented some pretty secluded cabins high up in the mountains in the area but I think they are fairly expensive. If you want to pay the price for the seclusion, there are tons of cabin rentals. Just google Gatlinburg and cabins and you?ll get a long list.

Good luck with your search.

Vicki

I guess I?m going to have to disagree with most, we camp in Gatlinburg about every year for hiking in the smokies we always stay at Twin Creek RV Resort have for the last 20+ years located on 321 trolley stop to town Food City grocery across the street and easy access to the park Quiet peaceful very well maintained level paved lots great full hookups

This campground looks nice. I haven't stayed there yet, but might try to in a couple weeks if it's not still full of peepers.

http://www.imaginationmountaincamping.com/

dragline said:
I guess I?m going to have to disagree with most, we camp in Gatlinburg about every year for hiking in the smokies we always stay at Twin Creek RV Resort have for the last 20+ years located on 321 trolley stop to town Food City grocery across the street and easy access to the park Quiet peaceful very well maintained level paved lots great full hookups
X2^^^ Stayed at Twin Creek and enjoyed our time there. Quiet and peaceful but not exactly in the boonies either

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom